whats he wanting?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
well joshua has just had about 2 hours sleep he is now awake,well half awake half asleep.

he is getting angry and frustrated nd i dont know what he wants.

hes had a feed,a nappy change he has had sleep .

what else does he want?

x x i feel useless coz i dont know what he wants.

It could be wind hun, lily gets awful wind, and she finds it very hard to bring it up, how does his tummy feel? When she has wind lilys feels bloated and hard too. Does he have a dummy? Its really hard work working out what it could be hun, ive been in the same boat, doesnt mean much now, but it does get easier hun. I just took one day at a time! xxx :hugs:

yeah he has a dummy but he just gets frustrated with it.

he has had a bottle and been winded and he bought up wind.

hes dozed off now but when he wakes up he is still like it.

could it just be that hes tired.

It could be that hes overtired hun, how much sleep has he had? x

I'm keeping an eye on this thread...Rebecca is the same and I keep wondering if she gets over-tired. If I do try to wind her lots then all I get is puke. Poor little mite it can't be nice. I don'r mind when it's fresh milk that she spits up but when it's curdled stuff that's obviously been down there for a while I feel for her..it can't taste nice.

well the other day he slept foe 3 hours at a time and only woke up for a feed but the last two days he hasnt had much sleep at all.
i would say about an hour and a half inbetween feeds which is every 3 hours. x

He could still have wind. Hannah doesn't always bring up all her wind with just one burp. Sometimes she burps and we think she's done so we cuddle with her and 15 minutes later she's screaming because she needs to be winded some more

we wind him about 3 times when he has a bottle and he burps about 2 or 3 times each time we wind him.

hes not crying coz he is in pain he just gets really angry

Sounds like he's over tired if the last couple of days he hasn't been sleeping well. Kalea had a restless night last night. She wasn't crying but wouldn't sleep. She fell asleep in my arms eventually.

yeah im sure he is just overtired coz when i pick him up and cuddle him he falls asleep.

ill see how we get on through the next few days. xx

Try bath before bed? Massaging him? Oil or cream. You can get Johnstons soothing bath stuff too. Maybe it'll help him.

I bath him every other night and use johnsons bed time bath.

Try wrapping him in a banklet and shhsing him this helps for my LO to sleep during the day x

Maybe he just wants to be held all the time. Especially if he stops crying and goes to sleep in your arms like you say. He prob just wants his mummy.

Maybe he just wants to be held all the time. Especially if he stops crying and goes to sleep in your arms like you say. He prob just wants his mummy.

I agree - he's had 9 months of constant care and attention, and it's scary adjusting to life in the real world! If he stops crying and falls asleep when you pick him up that could be all he wants. Have you thought about getting a sling? x

yeah ive got a sling,well a baby caarrier.

we went for a walk earlier and he didnt seem to mind it.

so when i fed him earlier and wanted to put him down he just woke up so i put him in his carrier while i done his bottles and he fell asleep but then after 30 mins in there i put him down and he woke up again. x

Just wear him then :)

www.thehappiestbaby.com

You won't have to wear him forever, and I know you want some alone time, but he needs you right now.

Do not worry about spoiling him right now. Carrying him helps calm him and helps him learn to trust that you are his caregiver and that you will respond to him when he has something wrong.

Read this for mroe information:

https://askdrsears.com/html/5/T051200.asp#T051204

Play him a lullaby to help him relax. It helps my LO relax when he is angry and overtired.

Sebastian was just like this. Is your LO bringing his legs up to his stomach? If yes, it could be colic. I always thought that babies with colic would scream, but he only cries a bit when his tummy hurts and brings his legs up until I rub his belly a bit. I am now using Infacol and I wind him several times during his feed.

Also, does he seem to be constantly hungry? If yes and you are on bottle feeding, you can try the hungrier baby formula. I've been doing this for a few days and had a good night's sleep for the first time in weeks.

he doesnt bring his legs up when he is crying.

he has been better for the last few days but still falling asleep on me then i lay him in the middle of a v cushion so that he feels like hes being held nd he is sleeping better.

he is currently having 4oz every 3 hours but hes had 5 oz a few times too.

at night he has a feed at 7ish then wakes up at about 12 for a feed(last night he didnt wake up until 2) then he has another bottle at about 5ish(last night it was 6) then another at 8ish,9ish.

if i put him up to 5oz would that be ok for his age?

he used to be on 3oz every 3 hours then i put him up to 4 oz,which he is taking every 3 hours so if i up him to 5o will he still want him want to be fed every 3 hours still?
i dont want to over feed him.

oh and when he has a bottle he guzzles it then spit some milk up after.is this ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->