• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's it like to have a baby with a toddler?

A baby and toddler was fine. A baby and a 3&5 year old was bloody difficult! I had no choice but to Starr driving 5 days post c-section to get Thomas to school and back.

It's all nice and easy now, but I have a rather healthy fear of newborns these days haha.

A baby and toddler was fine. A baby and a 3&5 year old was bloody difficult! I had no choice but to Starr driving 5 days post c-section to get Thomas to school and back.

It's all nice and easy now, but I have a rather healthy fear of newborns these days haha.

I wish I hadn't read that :wacko: I'm a month or so out from having a newborn, 3yo and 5yo!!!

I found a baby and toddler to be much easier than being pregnant and a toddler! She was 3 almost 4 when he was born though so I guess being a bit older helped a little :)

I wish I hadn't read that :wacko: I'm a month or so out from having a newborn, 3yo and 5yo!!!

Oh man, me too. :haha: I’m going to have a 5 year old, 2 year old and a newborn come the end of February and I’m totally crapping myself! :lol: DS1 was 2 years and 8 months when DS2 was born and I found it so hard. DS1 just did not understand what this new baby was doing here and was very jealous of the time and attention DS2 took. The mummy guilt killed me! Whilst they love each other to bits now, they still fight like cats and dogs most days and the worst part is that DS2 is going to be basically the same age as DS1 was with a newborn in the house - he’ll be 2 years and 7 months, so I’m dreading a repeat!

I found the workload tripled from one kid to two, so goodness knows how I’m going to cope with the change to 3!

I'm starting to get cold feet after our decision to try this month.

I love my daughter so much, I can't imagine loving another child as much as I love her. I know that sounds strange..

But I also want her to have a sibling, and I don't want a large gap.

Most Mums would say that you will go through a difficult period (maybe around 6 months) and then every thing will settle in. The trick is to get as much help as you can in the beginning. I have never regretted having DD2 so close to DD1, even in the worst moments, and if anything I regret that there will be a big difference between DD2 and the baby.

I, too, worried about not loving DD2 as much as DD1 but one of my friends told me that love is not available in a limited quantity to be divided by 2 when you have another child. In fact it multiplies by two. And what she said is totally true.

Thanks for all the responses!

I'm pregnant with my second, due in August. They'll be 26 months apart.

I found the workload tripled from one kid to two, so goodness knows how I’m going to cope with the change to 3!

Oh my goodness, just wanted to say I’m so glad someone else feels this way! I echo these thoughts exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->