What's "NTNP" for you?

Amalee

Expecting #2!
Reaction score
I know there are a lot of people in here who are NTNP differently, so I am wondering: what about your methods makes you qualify yourself as NTNP rather than WTT or TTC?

The reason I say that I am NTNP is that my husband and I have changed nothing except for (TMI alert!) where he finishes. He pulled out while we were WTT, and now that we are NTNP, he doesn't. I charted for a few months before we started trying, I didn't this month, and I'm probably going to start charting again next month. However, I still won't see that as TTC instead of NTNP, because we won't schedule sex. I'll use that as a guideline for when I can test at the end of the cycle.

I don't think I will consider myself TTC until we are having sex BECAUSE I'm ovulating rather than it being a happy coincidence, and we start eliminating other things to help boost chances of conception (like cutting out oral before sex).

How about all of you?

Too me NTNP is TTC just the relaxed way... No charting, temping, sex on certain days/times...

So basically the same as now just nothing stopping it happening.. the going with flow way...

x

NTNP is simply not using contraception IMO

I class my self as TTC but actually feel more at home in NTNP - I don't chart, I don't do anything different but I have a 28day cycle so I know that realistically ovulation is likely to be between day 12 and 15. We try and ensure that we DTD at least every other day from day 7 to day 20, so basically we have sex a little more often than we might otherwise as usually we are a 2-3 times a week couple.

For me it's just not using contraception and being too busy chasing after my toddler to even think about TTC!

I don't chart, temp or check for ovulation signs. At the moment I don't even know how long my cycle is because I only started periods again at the end of August. I just mark the start of each period on my phone calendar in case I'm asked. We're not DTD any more than normal either.

I will consider myself TTC when I can go on the TTC boards and understand what they're on about!

I did sooo much research before we started trying, I thought I would want to be planning meticulously! I feel a lot more comfortable being laid back about it - I just wish I knew when to expect AF so I would know when/if I'm late.

I did sooo much research before we started trying, I thought I would want to be planning meticulously! I feel a lot more comfortable being laid back about it - I just wish I knew when to expect AF so I would know when/if I'm late.

Thats the same as me I wanna know my date for AF so i know when it came to being late... x

NTNP is not having scheduled sex for baby making. It is just having sex without any protection and allowing nature to take its course.

I agree with mummyjade and u amalee. I cant decide what my exact definition would be but I say my status is ntnp. i did have my status as wtt, and i recently changed it to ntnp. We are not using any form of birth control. I take prenatals. BUT! he pulls out most of the time. we know it isnt the best time for us to have kids...but we know we want them and if it happened now we would be happy, but if it didnt happen till next year that would be fine too.

I considered us vaguely NTNP with the pullout method, because in my mind we weren't really protecting ourselves, just avoiding it while accepting the possibility of pregnancy. At the same time, we were waiting to really try until we were better prepared.

Now I consider us fully NTNP, leaning towards actually trying. I'm vaguely aware of what part of my cycle I'm in, but we're not charting or keeping track. We're extremely laid-back about it, and we're fine with whatever happens at this point. If it doesn't happen, then we have more money saved up and that's cool. If it does happen, we'll be THRILLED.

I won't consider us TTC until we're in the full-swing "let's make sure we BD at the right times" kind of phase. That's going to be when we really can't stand being without little ones anymore. :)

I define hubby and I us NTNP,with us starting to TRY more.I define TTC as temping,using OPK's and all that type of things,but the only thing we are doing differently now (since this cycle I'm in now) is that we conciously had sex in my estimated fertile time (which I take to be the middle of my cycle).I know my cycles differ between 29 and 33 days,so I will never be testing unless I am at least on CD40,without an AF in sight.

I don't no which I will belong in, till I joined this site I never even considered such a thing as ntnp. But I consider that to be just not using protection but also not knowing anything about ur cycle or fertile window.

I would probably consider myself to he trying as I will be doing all of the temping and stuff just not every day, only when I remember or have time etc. We will be dtd as often as we can but taking into account tiredness etc I won't make it an issue like we must dtd now. However if I suspect I'm in my fertile window I will initiate it.

I guess ntnp is just a nicer more relaxed area of the forum than TTC and I don't want it all about cm and dpo and charts etc so I think I may be here more than there

I don't no which I will belong in, till I joined this site I never even considered such a thing as ntnp. But I consider that to be just not using protection but also not knowing anything about ur cycle or fertile window.

See I don't do anything other than have a tough idea of my fertile time but that's largely coz I have a science/med background and s very regular cycle! It would be impossible not to know!

See I don't do anything other than have a tough idea of my fertile time but that's largely coz I have a science/med background and s very regular cycle! It would be impossible not to know!

That's the thing,I know my cycle very well,even if I don't temp.I don't have any idea how to check cervical position,but CM is very easy to notice,and doesn't make me feel like I'm TTC'ing.

The way I see NTNP is using no contraception, but not charting/scheduling sex/fertility aids (that's what I see 'actively trying' as). Just enjoying not worrying about getting pregnant if it happens!

For me/us NTNP (which is very recent.. these last few days) is that I've come off the pill and would love to get pregnant as soon as possible but for now I'm not gonna stress about it..I won't chart anything, schedule, use any fertility aids. We will just have fun, :sex: as often as we have before and see how it goes.

With my first daughter I came off the pill and NTNP and was pregnant within two months but I feel like it will be harder this time. If I'm not pregnant within say, 6 months I will actively TTC but not intensely, I will just try to be more aware of dates and stuff x

This is my second cycle off the pill. I have been on it so long that I don't know anything about my cycle. I started charting so that I could get to know my body again. We aren't ttc at this time, but it would be a blessing for sure if it happened. :)

I am having a hard time with this NTNP approach. I have cramps and all the signs of fertility when I am about to & when I ovulate so it's no surprise to me. But my husband doesn't see them so we are going off that, he is basically the one not knowing. It takes the stress off the situation and we just DTD when we want to.

Ya I agree. Being a woman we always notice the fertility signs and knows when we ovulate. Other half is truly NTNP.

NTNP was just dtd as usual, just without protection. There wasn't any routine or ovulation timing at all.

To me, NTNP means the middle ground between actively trying with charts and scheduled babymaking sessions during the "right" time, and actively making sure you avoid pregnancy one way or another. It is accepting and welcoming the idea of pregnancy without a terrible urgency.

For me personally it means that I stopped taking the pill. That's it. We're going to keep having sexytimes as normal, and I suspect I may go through Dollar Tree preg tests at an unprecedented rate, but no new habits or tracking or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->