What's "NTNP" for you?

To me, NTNP means the middle ground between actively trying with charts and scheduled babymaking sessions during the "right" time, and actively making sure you avoid pregnancy one way or another. It is accepting and welcoming the idea of pregnancy without a terrible urgency.

For me personally it means that I stopped taking the pill. That's it. We're going to keep having sexytimes as normal, and I suspect I may go through Dollar Tree preg tests at an unprecedented rate, but no new habits or tracking or anything.

That's a really good way of putting it. I've already had to order a second lot of cheapy amazon tests as well.

For me NTNP is exactly as it says... We aren't using any contraception or methods to prevent pregnancy but aren't actually trying for a baby either although would both be super happy if it did happen at the same time are both happy with the LO's we've got if it doesn't :D xx

I consider us NTNP. We do it when we feel like it, and some months I know where I am in my cycle. I am also nursing so I know that lowers our chances, so we aren't calling this TRYING, but we don't use any birth control or pull out method and OH talks about where we would keep kid #2 (he wants another bedroom added) so we're definitely not preventing. I am 39 and he is 45, so our time is limited. If we really decide we need kid #2 we will switch to TTC when Lily is weaned ;)

For me it is trying without medicine, medical intervention. More of a natural process.

Part of me wonders if DH & I aren't NTNP to some degree. I have a rough idea of my cycles, like keeping track of when I get AF & how I feel each day to determine when I'm ovulating. DH & I use the withdrawal method sometimes, but we're both aware of when I may be ovulating & still continue to bd (with withdrawal) on those days fully knowing that I could get pregnant. I don't want to say we're not trying or preventing, I just think we're very very loosely preventing haha :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->