What's so bad about only wanting 1 child?

Aww babe....don't they just p!$$ you right off???

I've always wanted a large (ish) family. When I said I was pregnant again....the stunned look on peoples faces was just a picture.

"how will you cope with 4?"

"are you gonna keep it?":saywhat:

"rather you than me"

" you must be mad"

were a few corkers that I heared...and they were to my face:hissy:

What gives people the right to comment on how many/few children you want????:growlmad:

Aww babe....don't they just p!$$ you right off???

I've always wanted a large (ish) family. When I said I was pregnant again....the stunned look on peoples faces was just a picture.

"how will you cope with 4?"

"are you gonna keep it?":saywhat:

"rather you than me"

" you must be mad"

were a few corkers that I heared...and they were to my face:hissy:

What gives people the right to comment on how many/few children you want????:growlmad:

I can relate, After I had carlee I got the question when I was having more, Now that Im pregnant with twins they freak out asking how i'll deal with 3 and how Im going to handle 2 at once and etc.

So Annoying i didnt plan on twins but Im not going to reject them, God gave me what I can handle.

Sounds bad but I think we're giving what we can handle, If your having the worst pregnancy ever, theres a reason, God wants you to hve a child but is telling you one is enough.

Im not big on God and such but I do believe he gives us what we need

I'm definitely only planning on one. I've been signed off sick and on bed rest since I was 20 weeks pregnant, am sick every day, have nosebleeds, SPD and really bad acid reflux. I have an incompetent cervix and so would have to go through the same thing with each pregnancy - an operation and then bed rest. I don't want to put myself through it, or my husband and I definitely don't want to put my little boy through it.
I don't think people can understand unless they've been in the same position. People always laugh when I tell them I'm only having one, it's only the people who really know how much I've been through in this pregnancy who understand why we've made the decision.
My pregnancy is high risk and there have been times when we really haven't known if Pip would be ok (still don't). He will be our little miracle baby and I will be so blessed to have him I couldn't wish for anything more

I was an only child and hated it, so when I had my son, I knew I wanted another and had his sister 18 months later.

I said then, that 2 was enough for me, but here I am on baby number 3! (My 2 are 12 and 10 now)

My Mum had me 3 days before her 18th birthday by emergency C section, so I think it put her off having anymore for life lol!

Its all about personal prefrence, i always knew id have more than one, im one of 4 kids and my hubby is one of 5, so big families are second nature to us.

But you still get those people that think its important to stick their opinion in there, the people that like to critises. Personaly i just ignore them, thats there opinion, fair enough, i dont like there choice clothing (eg), but i keep my opinions to my self.

I can relate, After I had carlee I got the question when I was having more, Now that Im pregnant with twins they freak out asking how i'll deal with 3 and how Im going to handle 2 at once and etc.

So Annoying i didnt plan on twins but Im not going to reject them, God gave me what I can handle.

Sounds bad but I think we're giving what we can handle, If your having the worst pregnancy ever, theres a reason, God wants you to hve a child but is telling you one is enough.

Im not big on God and such but I do believe he gives us what we need

I kinda see where you're coming from there. I thank God for this child every day, but I really feel that going through this once will be enough for me.

Hun i can honestly say now, i doubt ill ever have another child....not because i dont love my son. He is my world i would give anything for him. But i had such a bad pregnancy and then the birth just was so so so tramatic i couldnt put myself through it again....and to think 2 months ago i was saying i would love 3 kids.....nope not anymore just because of the experience i had has really scarred me, esp the birth and after care i couldnt do it to my self. :) XXXX

Nothing wrong with it and it's a lot better IMO than people who already have a child getting depressed b/c they can't conceive another.

My OH is an only child and he defo wants more than 1 b/c he had a miserably lonely childhood at family get togethers but thats not the same for all only children.

I have had a easy pregnancy, but I still think one is enough. I do get people assuming that there will be another though, it's pretty annoying when this one hasnt even arrived yet :O . I come from a large family so baby will have a lot of cousins and young aunts and uncles, it's enough to be getting on with!

I already told my OH that I"m not exactly sure I want to ever be pregnant again. I've really not enjoyed being pregnant, and get tired of the people who seem to think I should be basking in my pregnancy-ness and knitting and baking and whatnot.

Thankfully OH understands, and we've talked about the possiblitiy of adopting if we ever want more but if I don't feel up to being pregnant again.

There's nothing wrong with your decision, as it's yours to make. People need to butt out of personal lives and if it bothers them so much, let them go out and have a ton of babies. Pregnancy isn't for everyone.

i was an only child and hated it so i knew i wanted more than one child

It's 'one and done' for me! :)

I hate when people comment that I'm too young to make that decision but I'm just so sure in it.
I love my daughter like no tomorrow,I liked being pregnant for most part,the birth was......not so good and I'm really happy with only going throught this all once.

I would be quite happy to have one child, but my OH wants two. I am getting the comments already from both sides of the family about a second one and I haven't even had the first one yet!!!!! I have pretty much hated being pregnant, I have been signed off work for most of it with various ailments and feel crap 24/7 day in, day out. I really don't think I'll forget it enough to do it again! 9 months is a very long time when you are having a rough time of it. Also time is not on my side as I will have just turned 38 when the baby is born, if I was to have another I would feel under pressure to do it asap because of my age and the associated problems with that. The thought of being pregnant again with small baby/toddler to look after is not appealing!

I just found this thread right now, and just wanted to say that a few weeks ago, while I was at Walmart checkout line, the cashier, an older lady of maybe fifty, asked if Alexa was my first, and I said yes, my first and last. She said it was cruel of me and OH not to give Alexa a sibling because she will be lonely... This pissed me off... she will make friends, and not to mention her cousin Arianna is only 8 months older than her.... ugh, some people... Sorry for intruding in on the pregnancy club...

I'm glad I'm not the only one. It's not a decision hubby and I made lightly at all. He's well aware of the stress and sickness I've had to deal with and I can't even say I was really 'living' for the first 4 months, as I'd lost so much weight and only had enough energy to make it to the toilet and back so I could throw up. I've been in and out of hospital, and my hubby was commenting only the other day that he 'missed me' for the first part of the pregnancy, as I just wasn't myself at all.

We both already love our little son soooooo much and we know he's not going to be lonely what with all the cousins he has and friends that are being born around the same time. This child will get all our love - not that he'll be spoilt - and attention, and we're both in agreement that this is how we want our lives to be.

This will sound pretty horrible but if I'm carrying a girl this first time around, I may not want another...

I was an only child and loved it. More attention and advantages.

I was an only child and it had its advantages and disadvantages.
i was lonley - but had a great imagination, i was also very shy and my parents are very over protective, even now!
I had no cousins of a similar age, i got on better with adults.
So i knew i never wanted just one child but it took 3 yrs to catch with number two.
Theres nothing wrong with just one each to their own.
But i find it very draining now as there is no one else to help look after my parents and grandparents, it is all down to me.

i think its a personal decsion about how many children u have and no one should make u feel bad over only wanting wrong theres nothing wrong with that at all x

We have always only ever wanted one child and still feel the same way now that Jay is here :D (although we have always said never say never) I know exactly the type of comments you mean, and we get them all the time. It's frustrating as family size is such a personal choice and yet strangers always seem to have an opinion on it.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->