What's the best tandem pushchair?

mrscupcake

Reaction score
Been looking at iCandy pear and britax b dual and not both have positive and negatives in reviews, it seems really hard to find a good tandem. Any suggestions? Xx

I dont think here is one...all down to your specific needs and what u have to have lol

Have a look here as there is a bit on here and i replied to it....
https://www.babyandbump.com/toddler-pre-school/698265-baby-jogger-city-select-tandem.html

I loved my bdual but it felt bulkier as it was higher than most but not an issue for us... (i hated the p&t sport and explorer) but the only reason i sold it was that my kids were getting too heavy for it and it just felt a bit like it was starting to struggle...or i have a pram addiction too :blush:

So got the p&t verve as it holds 20kg each. But i like this p&t as it has 2 out of 4 airless tyres, folds with 2nd seat on, has 4 wheels. I do love it....the only last gripe i have it that they get rid of the front pneumatic tyres and replace them with airless tyres too :thumbup:

xx

Thanks for the advice. There seems to been more positive reviews than negative for the britax. Price is good too. There's also loads of good reviews for the P&T but it doesn't fit a car seat to it for a newborn does it? It's a shame really. X

Ive got a P&T explorer and love it. It folds up nicely (so much smaller than our bugaboo) and both kids look comfy and happy in it

We have the iCandy Pear and I love it. I will say is is quite heavy to get up and down kerbs but other than that it's great. I don't drive and can get it on and off the bus easily :flower:

Had a look at them all today and I hate to say the phil and teds vibe impressed me more than I thought! Think we might go for that one! X

Watch out with Phil and Teds. If you expect it to accommodate your kiddies when they nap - forget it! You can't recline either seat in double mode, and the lightest goes at the back-not good for a small baby who likes sleep! I had to sell mine ASAP because the girls could not nap in it, and were dreadfully uncomfortable.

I hear the new one reclines but you'll never get a happy medium I guess. It's also a struggle to push as baby grows.

Which tandem do you reccomend atomic? I'm finding that none of them are perfect, they all have their cons x

In all honesty I gave up on tandems. None of them catered for us. One of the girls always got a bum deal. One of them wouldnt be able to nap without sitting upright. Alex used to wake up crying - probably a sore neck - when that happened, I couldnt get a new buggy quick enough! :nope:

I think I should have waited until both babies were here and established what we needed - and not guessing what we needed when I was pregnant.

Although I hated a side by side, I bought the City Mini Jogger Double last week and I am pretty stunned at how small it is. It came in the slimmest box :shock: I thought someone had sent me a single by mistake :/

It is no heavier than a single pushchair and fits through normal doors. Its only 12cm wider than my P&T. The seats recline independantly and the hoods on it are fab for most weathers. I thought I would hate it, but I'm actually loving it, I can entertain them both when I'm out without having to jump back and forward between them. And it folds up with one pull- no pulling attachments off etc!

I was on the bus yesterday and someone had a single icandy on it too - it looked like a tank near my double pushchair! We also seen a pear out at Ikea one day and it really was huge - if you like something compact - dont do it :)

Thanks for the advice! I'm even more confused now lol! I did want one that would convert back to one that would suit 1 toddler, which the P&T does as it's just as small as a normal pushchair bit I'll need both seats to recline! I might have to gonand have another look at them all lol x

Try a good look at the verve - its the new one and i did see the back seat reclines, but remember all the things you need in a pushcahir yourself. What works for one might not for another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->