What's the best thing to wear durring labour?

rajnin

Reaction score
if I have a normal delivery I will be in hosp for 4 nights & 5 nights if c-section. So I will be taking 2 pj's & 2 night dresses & bed shoes.
I have bed told durring the day mums dress in casual day wear, so what ever I wear now, leggings... Long top, cardi pure comfort wear.

I have no idea what I should wear for labour ? Something you don't mind throwing away? A night dress? Also do I need a dressing gown ?

Omg 4 days for natural?!?!?!

Sorry I don't have any advice but I just saw that and wow that seems like a long time

4 days for a natural seems a long time? I live in the uk and if everything is fine after the birth they let you go home after 6 hours. Im wearing an old nightie for the birth x

I'm thinking of wearing the baggiest t-shirt I own for labour, and getting a couple of button-down nighties that I don't mind throwing away to wear afterwards. I'll also bring some leggings and baggy tops in case I'm in during the day and don't fancy the nighties.

When labour really kicks in I imagine I won't be wearing anything on my bottom half!

I might bring a boob-tube in case it's warm and I want to wear a bit less, or in case I have a water birth.

I have a note in my birth plan that I want to be discharged ASAP - I'm really nervous of hospitals and if my birth is complication free than I hope to be out in 6 hours. 4 days does seem excessive - whereabouts are you?

I'm hoping to just wear the buggiest top my DH owns or my dressing gown

I believe OP is in Australia? I am in the UK and the hospital where I had my eldest and youngest had a policy that you have to stay in at least 4 nights preferably 5 with a low risk normal vaginal delivery and at least 5 nights for a c-section-they only changed the policy in 2006 I think.

I'm in aus and I can go home after 24 hours with a natural delivery and 48 hours after a section...
Saying that you can also stay as long as u need and they will not ask you to leave until your comfy and established feeding etc etc...

However I hate hospital beds and hospitals in general so I'm gonna be outa there ASAP

I'm wearing a long best top or if in the tub and old very tatty bra

I'm in Australia and we go home after 24-48 with first child born naturally no complications 5 days following a CS. And every birth after that if naturally and no complications it's within 8 hours. CS is always 5 days here is tasmania

wear something loose and thin material.
with my first my nighty wasnt as loose as id of liked and i got really frustrated with it, especially because it was so hot.
November and i was having a sweat attack haha

I'm in Sydney, have private health cover so will be in a private hosp, I don't have to stay the full days but will as will make use of all the classes and I'm sure ill get more rest at the hosp. Otherwise I believe normally you can be discharged on the same day if all okay.
Thanks ladies, think will by some cheapie nighties with buttons infront

I have an old night shirt made with really soft jersey knit material that I'll probably wear in... but I'm planning on claiming at least one of my husband's button ups to wear afterwards for easy access for breastfeeding.

I planned on wearing an old nighty......in fact I packed 2 in case labour was long and sweaty!! As it happened, I didn't have time for any of that and ended up labouring in the top I arrived in!

I'm going to wear a long old vest top as it'll be too hot for anything else and then if they let me use the pool to begin with, I can just roll it up.

After I clean up then I'll get change into a button up nightie.

4 days does seem very long for a natural. I had to stay 48 hours because I'm GBS+ but if I was GBS- I would have been out in 24 hours.

For me, I find it was just easiest to wear the hospital gown. Between the breastfeeding and numerous checks it was more convenient to have something very easy to get off. Not to mention with the bleeding I didn't want to ruin any of my clothes.

I agree... With my first i just wore the hospital gown that way u dont need to ruin your clothes haha xxx

At the hospital where I had my eldest and youngest they had these amazing hospital gowns, really soft comfy fabric, really long (at least below the knee or mid calf length depending on height), and they crossed over in the back so no bum flashing. Although I brought my own stuff last time I found their gowns far more comfy and so changed into one pretty pronto xx

I'm in Australia and we go home after 24-48 with first child born naturally no complications 5 days following a CS. And every birth after that if naturally and no complications it's within 8 hours. CS is always 5 days here is tasmania

With my DD at Hobart Private, I was told it was 4days for vaginal birth (of course can leave earlier if all ok). I had a EMCS and was discharged after 5nights.

With my DD at Hobart Private, I was told it was 4days for vaginal birth (of course can leave earlier if all ok). I had a EMCS and was discharged after 5nights.

I ended up having my first daughter at the royal as I was 15 years old when I had her my first 20 weeks worth of appointments at the private I was judged and put down by EVERYONE who I came across in the private, so I changed to royal and had the best experience ever so decided I would only ever go there for my pregnancy care. And the minimum stay for 1st child
Is 2 days and second and each consecutive child is 6-8 hours and the midwife comes
To your home after discharge =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->