What's the best thing to wear durring labour?

I'm in Australia and we go home after 24-48 with first child born naturally no complications 5 days following a CS. And every birth after that if naturally and no complications it's within 8 hours. CS is always 5 days here is tasmania

With my DD at Hobart Private, I was told it was 4days for vaginal birth (of course can leave earlier if all ok). I had a EMCS and was discharged after 5nights.

I ended up having my first daughter at the royal as I was 15 years old when I had her my first 20 weeks worth of appointments at the private I was judged and put down by EVERYONE who I came across in the private, so I changed to royal and had the best experience ever so decided I would only ever go there for my pregnancy care. And the minimum stay for 1st child
Is 2 days and second and each consecutive child is 6-8 hours and the midwife comes
To your home after discharge =)

That's so bad that they judged you. How uncaring and unprofessional! Sounds like the Royal was the right choice if they treated you better. I had a good experience with my DD at the Private. Ohhh, I didn't realise consecutive babies altered the duration of stay. My OB hasn't really gone into a great deal of detail this time around. Thanks :winkwink:

That's how it works in the royal. Not sure about the program's at the private anymore, the royal has started a new one called MGP where it's pretty much in home based care all the same as previous except you don't o into the hospital for your appointments they meet at a location convenient to you. At 36 weeks they come to your house and then after the baby is born and your discharged from hospital the midwife is on call for 14 days for home visits for concerns or anything like that.

I did most of my labouring at home in trakkies and singlet. Got to the hospital fully dilated so no time for changing, just taking off pants! Was wearing just singlet when pushing but close to the end mw took that off me too to get ready for skin to skin so yep, there I was totally starkers.... Best advice I got pre-delivery was to leave your dignity at the door and pick it up on the way out. You won't care and neither do the nurses - they've seen it all!

Vic public hospitals usually have 2 midnights post deliver policy for natural no complications - I ended up being there 4 nights because of PPH and then baby was jaundiced and beleive me 4 nights is well and truly long enough!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->