What's the best time of day to start weaning

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
I'm thinking of starting Lewis on a spoonful of baby porridge and was going to start trying at his 6.30 - 7.00pm feed but I heard or read somewhere that it's best to start them in the morning.

Is there a preferred/best time of day to start weaning and if so does anyone know the reasons??

Thanks.

I started at her dinner time to see if it helped her sleep better. I'm not sure if there's a recommended time

I was going to start in the evening, in the hope it would help him sleep better.

Did it work for you, with Grace??

I was told lunchtime by the HV, she said around 2pm...

I started at lunch time and i had no problems...just make sure you catch bubs in a good mood :) xx

Its a big myth that cereals or rice help baby sleep better! the best time to start weaning is in the am reason being is this way you can see by the end of the day how baby is reacting to the food ..if you feed something at night lets say then would you rather have a sleepless night or deal with it in the day where your awake and patient ..

Once they have established a good eating routine time wont matter .

Good point, I hadn't thought about it not agreeing with him, thanks.

No problem hun , as always all babies are different but when it comes to rice most babies hate it ..for proof try it yourself and see its quite blan lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->