What's the earliest you've felt the baby?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by AmyElizabeth, Dec 14, 2009.

1. AmyElizabeth

AmyElizabeth Well-Known Member

I know there have been threads on this before, but I never read them because I thought it was ridiculous to think you felt anything before 16 weeks...until just now! I would swear I just felt tiny little bubbly toes kicking my extreme left side, down by my pubic bone. It was like the faintest little taps, I don't think I would have noticed unless I had been paying attention.

This is my first baby, so I have no idea what I'm supposed to feel. So, those of you who have been moms before, am I insane? Am I falling in love with gas bubbles? The baby is like 2 inches long at this point, so this is crazy, right?

Thanks for the input in advance!

2. katy1310

katy1310 Mummy of 1

Since Friday I have been feeling little tiny flutters really low down just now and again which I have been wondering if it was the baby....it's really soft and delicate but nothing I have ever felt before. I've felt it a few times since then...I thought maybe I was imagining it and it was too early but i wonder if it could be....

3. bky

bky :(

I swear I've felt something that must be movement a few times in the past week. It isn't frequent at all and I can only feel it when I am lying very still (like in the mornings enjoying my 10 ms free minutes before I get up lol) and kind of zoning out on my body iykwim.

4. kathy khuz

kathy khuz Well-Known Member

i can feel like something is swimming inside my tummy... i know it's baby movement, as i have experienced it before... but this time i can feel it much much earlier....

5. tannembaum

tannembaum Little Elsie bums mum!

yesterday at 14+3 i felt two definate pokes in my belly. :D
    thought i had maybe been feeling fluttering for a while before that but ignored it and put it down to wind lol :D

6. mamato2more

mamato2more Number 9 on the way

12 weeks...and it sounds like you felt it...it's so slight!

7. agreeksmom

agreeksmom preggo

11 weeks i felt bubbles and now i can feel it move