What's the first thing you plan to buy, and when?

Dimbo

Wishing on a star
Reaction score
My DH asked me a question the other day which I hadn't actually thought about before, and got me stumped.

What's the first think you will buy after getting your :bfp:, and when?

I still don't really know the answer, so thought I'd see what other people's thoughts are...???

if its not a few sleep suits before, pram after 16week sexing scan :D

Il start to ge some vests,babygrows and bathstuff after the 20 week scan.

HHHMMM good question,
I dont think i would buy anything till first scan inless its on offer, then i would probably start to buy clothes and nappies and little baby things, then think about Nursery Furniture. Then once has a sex scan will get Pram and paint the nursery.
Think i have thought about this too hard lol

books and more books! from pregnancy to parenting, although you can get all the info and more online you cant beat sitting down with a proper book.i dont think id worry about buying prams etc until i was about 6/7months gone, and id want to do my reserach anyway to know i was getting the best things that would last and that i actually need. though possibly paint/wallpaper after books as id want the room done asap, hate half finished decorating

I guess i should wait until the 20 week scan but can see it being hard! Then probably get carried away and buy loads!

As we will be skint when I am on maternity leave i would stock up with nappies and stuff during pregnancy.

I can't wait for this to happen!

With my first 2 i started buying clothes and toiletries pretty much straight after our bfp but this time i am going to try to hold off till after our first scan and hold off on the big things till after the 20 week scan x

This: https://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Pregnant-Woman-Happy/dp/0811841049/ref=pd_sim_b_71

For Hubby. :rofl:

Once I hit 2nd Tri I'd start picking up the stuff off my list as I see sales come up. Yes, I have a list, sad, I know. :dohh:

Will get everything I can second hand, then probably buy clothes or whatever I don't get second hand. But probably after 5 months (big stuff) and after 3 months (clothes). Prob. something special to look at as soon as I get my BFP... Although I must confess I already have a pair of the cutes and smallest REAL trainers I found (little adidas orange trainers, team yellow of course) and two little babygrows I couldn't help myself (pink panther, just was sooo pretty, I'll keep them for whenever I get a girl).

Have you already thought what you're gonna get first and when?

Ooh I'm not really sure. I think I'd do what my good friend did and pick up nappies etc when they're on offer. I plan to source as much stuff as I can second hand if I can. I went to an NCT sale with a friend recently and pick up loads of clothes for bargainous prices for my youngest nephew (got him 14 items of clothing for £6.50!). So I'll look out for another sale and go along.

ooh, I think I would probably order a pregnancy book firstly although I was just thinking if I could wait to tell hubby that I'd order a baby Chelsea football kit (as we'd defo get one whether we had a boy or girl!) and send it addressed to him :) xx

This: https://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Pregnant-Woman-Happy/dp/0811841049/ref=pd_sim_b_71

For Hubby. :rofl:

Once I hit 2nd Tri I'd start picking up the stuff off my list as I see sales come up. Yes, I have a list, sad, I know. :dohh:

Love the book!

And a list, that describes my life! I'm so organised I list things, and then have to stop the temptation to list which lists I have :rofl:

I'm still not sure what I'd buy first. Probably the first cutest thing I could find in the first shop once I have a BFP :rofl:

But in all seriousness, I'll probably buy some books before BFP so I can get researching, and then I'll probably buy one cute thing just to see me through til first scan. Once we get the all clear, I'll start buying more, but always wanted to go for a shopping spree so might wait til if we find out the sex and then go out one weekend and buy loads :D:happydance:

And a list, that describes my life! I'm so organised I list things, and then have to stop the temptation to list which lists I have :rofl:

Oh Dimbo, I so relate to that. My life is an enormous list.:dohh: First started with my holiday packing list, realised doing a list while relaxed saved me from missing important things. Then a list for the shopping, stuff I need to prepare in the morning for the gym, things I want from the hardware store, things I want to do around the house and never get round to like putting shelves up, etc... And I want a lists of lists I have!! But haven't gotten round to that plus I lose or forget where I did some of my lists, it just takes my mind off things if I jot them down...

About shopping... DH always takes me shopping for my bday as he knows I just adore having a load of new clothes... This year, as were walking up to TTC he said we could spend half the money on baby stuff if I wanted!!!!:cloud9: How cute/amazing/exciting is that!!!! :happydance:I still don't know if I'll do it as I'm scared it will make me extra broody and will make the WTT journey harder than it is now. Also magazines are on hold, I still haven't bought any as I'm scared it will trigger broodiness if that makes sense. xxxxxxxx

Honestly, the very first thing I think i will buy will be a teddy bear for the baby.. then that will be the very first teddy that the baby ever has and it will follow him/her through life.

I will probably be really supersticious about everything else so will stick to baby books for the first 24 weeks or so..

xxxx

I've already got a couple of bits, including a book on pregnancy which I have read from cover to cover!!

I've seen these little 'I Love My Daddy' t-shirts in Baby Gap and I might buy one as a way of telling DH that we're expecting. Then I think I'll probably want to get the nursery sorted.

It's so exciting, I can't wait - less than 3 months now for me, seems like forever though!!

xxx

double buggy, i like the phil and teds mmmm expensive or we might just get a boogie board for the three wheeler we already have 4 prams, seems a shame to sell them all just to buy one! sob sob x x x x x but already have everything else from previous baby, most of her clothes are cream/white just bibs that are pink did this on purpose so we save money x x x x we live on one wage coming in and no help off government so its a good idea even if you know what your having if you buy, yellow, cream and white bits etc x x x x x x

When I was PG with Niamh I didn't buy anything until 3rd tri, and didn't finish her nursery until she was 3 months old :lol:

So the first thing I'll buy is probably a crazy expensive and really nice pram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->