What's The Most Unusual Name You've Heard?

Clarina1980

LTTTC With PCOS
Reaction score
I mean in your own lives, rather than read on the internet etc.

I used to work in a nursery so I've heard a few odd ones, but I think PO came in at the top. It was at the height of the teletubby popularity too :wacko:

There is a local family of five kids, named:

Persephone
Phidias
Nereus
Phaedra
Pyrrha

To make things worse, their surname is Powilanska-Burnell!

I think Persephone is cute!

like, someone in Israel called their child like ,as in "like" on facebook?!

just so you know I am not having you on..
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ne...Child-named-after-Facebooks-like-feature.html

I love unusual/different/unique names. Our 2 year old son is named River and Tex is the name we have picked for a boy this time around =)

There was a little girl who lived down the road from my ex called Willamina Sheilabelle Walker :-/

Pilot Inspektor, the son of that guy off My Name is Earl :rofl: Eeew.

I love the name River. But, then again, I loved River Phoenix back in the day.

Some years back there was a woman who had twins and called them Tia and Maria - she claims that she never even heard of the drink.

Gifty, never heard of anyone else called it. She's my best friend. x

Well, my actual name is Glade, and my sisters are Kress and Shael, so my family loved different names. But now that everyone wants to be 'different and unique' I tend to like normal, boring names for babies! Maybe its because my name can be a pain in the but. Everyone always wants to comment on it. ALWAYS.

A friend of mine works in a clinic and a woman brought in her baby they named Shithead... it's pronounced Shi Thead.. I thought she was joking but she showed me some paperwork with the baby's name on it! Crazy!

If anyone watches the animated dennis the menace series on kids tv then look in the credits as one of the writers is called Euan Kerr - try saying it out loud !

As a midwife I have delivered some unusually named babies to say the least. A few weeks ago I delivered twin girls named Fern and Thorn but the one that sticks in my head as the most unusual through out my career is most definately baby Malteaser (really)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->