What's The Most Unusual Name You've Heard?

Well, my friend's sister's name is: Sonceeahray (pronounced sun - see - a - ray)
We call her Sonie.
She named her daughter Ahraya Sunshine.. (pronounced ah ray ah)

Yep.. believe it or not.. this little girl goes through like as Ahraya Sunshine. :dohh:

There is a local family of five kids, named:

Persephone
Phidias
Nereus
Phaedra
Pyrrha

To make things worse, their surname is Powilanska-Burnell!

Persephone is the name is Hades wife who he kidnapped by tricking her into eating a pomegranate.

Beautiful name never-the-less.

Personally..Proinnsias, a boys name. Pronounced Prun-CHEE-us. Never understood it, thought it was mental...and then it turns out it's the Irish for the boys name Francis! Which makes a lot more sense.

Other than that my best friend's four nieces all have brilliant unusual names- Adria, Naoise (NEE-sha), Cora and Reina. Admittedly Cora is an established name and Naoise sort of is but the other two are not. Altogether, the names are great.

Irish names are fairly conservative as of yet..my mam is head of the baptism committee so I see all the names and nothing really stands out apart from the odd 'Brogan'..apart from that they're all normal or Irish names.

There is a local family of five kids, named:

Persephone
Phidias
Nereus
Phaedra
Pyrrha

To make things worse, their surname is Powilanska-Burnell!

Persephone is the name is Hades wife who he kidnapped by tricking her into eating a pomegranate.

Beautiful name never-the-less.

Yep, all the kids in that family were named after Greek mythology. With that surname though, must have been a bitch to learn to spell...

Personally..Proinnsias, a boys name. Pronounced Prun-CHEE-us. Never understood it, thought it was mental...and then it turns out it's the Irish for the boys name Francis! Which makes a lot more sense.

Other than that my best friend's four nieces all have brilliant unusual names- Adria, Naoise (NEE-sha), Cora and Reina. Admittedly Cora is an established name and Naoise sort of is but the other two are not. Altogether, the names are great.

Irish names are fairly conservative as of yet..my mam is head of the baptism committee so I see all the names and nothing really stands out apart from the odd 'Brogan'..apart from that they're all normal or Irish names.

The best Irish names I've heard are Niamh (pronounced Neeve), Saiorse (pronounced Seer-sha), Eilish (Eye-lish) and Roisin (Ro-sheen).

A kid that goes to school with my husbands cousin is called 'Florian' (male) @.@ Has to be the oddest name ever. I think it's hideous. It's supposed to be really common here too! (No offence to any Florians out there intended! I don't like my name either)

... but the one that sticks in my head as the most unusual through out my career is most definately baby Malteaser (really)...

Poor, Malteaser .... I am speechless! :shock:

There's a little girl in ruby's nursery called Pearl, that's the most unusual i've heard lately x

DD goes to school with a Pearl, but her surname is Gray - poor kid

I worked at a daycare and we had a Huckleberry Lightning (lightning was his middle!). Nothing has trumped that for me! But I like unusual vintage names. Im leaning towards Beatrix for a girl and Rex for a boy!

DH went to school with a girl called Standish. I worked with a Pandora once.

My eldest sister is called lucky! Its on her birth certificate. But she loves her name as everyone always comment on it

A kid that goes to school with my husbands cousin is called 'Florian' (male) @.@ Has to be the oddest name ever. I think it's hideous. It's supposed to be really common here too! (No offence to any Florians out there intended! I don't like my name either)

Florian is the last name of UFC fighter Kenny Florian...wonder if that's who the baby is named after?!

I knew an elderly man with the first name "Harry" (not Harold, Harry) and last name a part of the male anatomy.... might be an old nickname for Richard.... or a common "spotted" dish overseas.... He was obviously named before this was slang but I know for sure this was his formal name and most of us at work could not read it without giggling (and feeling guilty of course!)

I process paperwork in a govt office and see some of the worst children's names. Some ones that stick in my mind are Arson, Tuffy, and Sillee (silly! can you imagine the teasing!). So many more I can't remember. I hate when parents try to be overly creative or cute with naming. It's the name of a child, not a goldfish ffs! :wacko:

I've worked over the years with a Fabian, Ridley, Gervase, Justice (girl) and a Rainie. However, I do work in the performing arts, which kind of lends itself to weird and wonderful names!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->