what's up with this baby weight ??

rosegarden620

Reaction score
Hi ladies!!!
I have a situation I would like to share and wondering if anyone else is in the same boat.

For the last 4 weeks or so I have weighed 157l-158lbs. I started at 122. I gained all my weight by 7+ months and have literally not gained anymore weight. At first I was packing on the weight by 5's and 10's! Then it literally just stopped.:shrug:

I am, however, huge. By peoples accounts of me and by how I feel and in comparison to my other two pregnancies when I put belly shots side by side. Also, with all my ultrasounds baby is measuring nicely in the 60-70 percentile with fundal length always a week ahead. I eat like a horse, I'm Getting bigger, and my weight does not move.

I don't understand! I mean, I know the "physiological reasons" I've read an they've told me when I ask, but it blows my mind and I can't help but to say, "but I just don't get it!"

At 5'9.5" and 158lbs I'm all belly!!

So are there any similar pregnancies?? What was baby weight?
Just so curious....:coffee:

The pic below is of me at 36wks with dd#2 and my current pregnancy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 66
Hey Rosegarden,
I have wondered similar things!!
This is my first baby and I have put on 25 lbs, but nothing in the last month !( in fact I think iv lost a pound or 2!) I am now 35 weeks. My bump has grown loads in the last month and when I weighed myself we couldn't believe I hadn't put on another pound!
My baby boy is on the 90th centile ( predicted 7lbs 8/10 at delivery at 38 weeks) im always told I don't have much fluid, enough but not alot!
I also eat like a horse!
The weird and wonderful delights of pregnancy!!!!
Wishing u a happy healthy pregnancy x

Just checked this morning and I've gained so much. Really hoping it stops now. Gah! I know part of my weight gain was from being on a strick diet before I got pregnant. Then I decided to Take a break once I found out I as. So the first 10 lbs was easily from that. I think weight gain is like a lot of other things during pregnancy. Everyone is different. Nothing fits into a "perfectly normal" . Just perfectly normal for different pregnancy.

I'm in the same boat! By 30 weeks I gained 35 pounds, but over the last 4 weeks my weight has stayed the exact same on the doctor's scale... same scale... every week. The doctor and nurses said it's perfectly fine since baby boy is growing... and my belly sure has grown over the last 4 weeks! Plus, over the last 2 weeks my appetite has gone through the roof, I'm constantly hungry.

I didn't gain much weight with my last (number 5) didn't start gaining until 20 weeks then only gained around 9-10kg, most of that was gained in the last 6 weeks as I started taking on a lot of fluid, baby was my biggest yet at 9 pound 8 ounces and now 2 weeks later all the weight gain has vanished. My other pregnancies I gained around 14-25kg so I'm not sure what happened this time

I've had virtually no weight gain either!
I lost 7-8lbs in first tri from being nauseous and not really eating much of anything. Between 16-20 weeks I put that back on as i started being able to eat again, and now, at 33 weeks I am only 2 lb heavier than my pre pregnancy weight! My bump is huge so I can't understand how it only weighs an extra 2lb!!!

I only gained 23lbs with dd and she came out 10lbs 7oz! This time I've only gained 8 lbs at 32 weeks, I have no idea how big the baby is yet. Im guessing in the 5-6 lb area already lol. Hopefully it just means it will be easier to lose the baby weight after lol. I know that was true for me with dd. 2 weeks pp and I was down 28 lbs and only gained 23!

I forgot to add that my belly is a big bigger this time around too.

Lol it's amazing isn't it???! I have another appt Monday, let's see what I weigh then !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->