What's wrong with me?

cparks1

Reaction score
I can't believe that I am admitting this but my son is 3 months old now and I still haven't had sex with my hubby since the birth. I'm a breast feeding mom and just started the pill a month ago, but still no period. My dilema: I haven't wanted to have sex, there hasn't been any desire. Before, I always desired it, but now, I don't. Is anyone else like this? I think I'm driving my husband mad, poor guy. :blush: Also, I'm scared to have sex since I'm not having periods, how will I tell when I'm ovulating and all that so I can avoid getting pregnant?

Those of you who have done the deed and not having periods, how can you tell that you are being extra careful? I just went off , if I have a period the following month, I'm not pregnant. I won't have that indication anymore. Does this make sense?

Yes I had exactly the same problem before my periods were regular again. It's O.K. not to be ready yet!

are you breastfeeding? Some women experience a huge fall in desire when breastfeeding.

:hug:

I am breast feeding and also haven't had a period, this is quite normal when BF my friend didn't start her period till she stopped BF over a year after birth of her daughter. I am also on the pill, if you are BF then u are very unlikely to be fertile and if u are on the pill as well then the chances are very very slim so i really wouldn't worry about getting pregant.
It is completly natural to go off sex after the birth and especially when BF (you body is already in constant demand from baby and you view it differently now!) I know this sounds crazy but i felt like my boobs where my babies and off bounds to my husband. You have been through a huge ordeal and it will take time to feel the same again but it your desire will come back it just takes time. I have been the same and had to explain to my husband that it his not him and it will get better.
zo x

if your BF arent u on the mini pill cause thats what i'm on and the doctor said u dont alway get your period, so that might be why, if your BF the doctor wont put you on the normal pill, is the mini pill what your on cause that might be why

Im breastfeeding and on the mini pill too, and also am not getting periods, I had a very slight one day one before I went back on the pill, but other than that, nothing. Also, I hadnt had sex until last week, which was four months...I dont really have much of a sex drive tbh, luckily I have an understanding OH, but it was great so I think itll be sooner than 4 months time! :)

I have no desire at all, and neither does my OH funniely enough. Not a bad thing though, probably saves us having arguments over it lol

Dont pressure yourself, do it when youre ready.

xxx

I've not had it with hubby since finding out we were pregnant (so since Feb) and I've had a c section and have to wait even longer. On top of that I have not a bit of desire either...

So it sound normal and I also suggest listening to your body and just talking it out and being upfront and honest about what you are feeling.

I think he'll understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->