What's Your Birth Plan?

This is my first so I have no idea what to expect.

Only things that are really important to me is that OH is allowed to stay with me at ALL times and he is the only person to be present during labour/birth.

And I want the MW to tell me what to do not vice versa!! I want them to recommend me pain releif for the amount of pain I'm in, I want them to tell me when and when not to push etc.

I don't mind one or two students in the room but only if observing or doing 'little' tasks.. if this was my second I might not mind as much but as I don't know what to expect, I want to make sure everyone is pro and things are being done properly.

I also want the freedom to move/walk around if I want.

Apart from that, I'll be going with the flow as long as they don't try and cut me or use assisted deliverey unless absolutely necessary (in which case I'd rather them use the sucker and not forceps). But saying that, I'd rather be cut than tear cuz at least then it's under control and done 'cleanly'.

My birth plan.

+ Hospital birth - It's my first so I want to be in safe hands.
+ No student midwives in while I deliver.
+ Baby to be placed straight onto my chest.
+ Ex OH to cut the cord.
+ I want to take pictures.
+ I want an Epidural if available.
+ I want pain relief: Eg: Gas & air / Pethidine.
+ My mum & ex OH are attending the birth.
+ Willing to have waters broke if it comes to it.
+ Want to avoid C-section.
+ NO Forceps.

is there any reason why ppl want the cord cutting til as late as possible????? is it beneficial? it was done straight away with dd and ds.... thought thatswhat was done then then cos it had to be.... *shrug*

i dunno if its any point on me making a birth plan as hospitals and midwives dont actually read them or ask what u want, they ust go ahead n get baby out as quick as possible...

i have no plan :rofl: not yet anyway! :blush: i was thinking i'm just gonna have to go in and wing it and hope all goes well LOL!

is there any reason why ppl want the cord cutting til as late as possible????? is it beneficial? it was done straight away with dd and ds.... thought thatswhat was done then then cos it had to be.... *shrug*

While the cord is still pulsating the baby continues to get nutrition and oxygen from the mother. It's just kind of a natural thing to wait for it to stop before cutting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->