whats your child like shopping?

alibaba24

Reaction score
I was out with my 5 year old today and we were in some shops. it got me to thinking how she behaves whilst in shops. especially shops that Are on zero interest. for example we can be in toys r us and shes all delighted and walking round looking for toys and leading me to things shes found. shes absolutely fine and well behaved. but if we are in say a book shop or clothes shop she is wandering off. in and under the clothes rails. spinning racks if they are the spinning type. twirling around sliding across the floor!! i mean the list goes on! and I just wonder how normal this is to this way in shops. dont get me wrong i dont expect perfection but she likes to take it to the extreme she doesnt listen in shops at all. I feel like im giving her the same telling off the entire time :dohh:

anyone else

When I see people out shopping with their well behaved children I just stare in jealous amazement. If the unfortunate occasion arises when I have to take my kids shopping, it's like a grab and run situation so we can get the hell out before being chastised by a member of the public or shop security. I use any combination of bribery and physical force I can to drag them around the shop with me and stop them trashing it or running off. Internet shopping is definitely the way to go.

Maria will mess about a bit but she's not too bad, probably because she's so used to going shopping as we usually go to the shops every day. Although lately she has been running off in the supermarket trying to hide from me which is very annoying but thankfully no one comments on it and staff just help me find her rather than telling us off.

When I see people out shopping with their well behaved children I just stare in jealous amazement. If the unfortunate occasion arises when I have to take my kids shopping, it's like a grab and run situation so we can get the hell out before being chastised by a member of the public or shop security. I use any combination of bribery and physical force I can to drag them around the shop with me and stop them trashing it or running off. Internet shopping is definitely the way to go.

That's exactly what I'm like :haha:

Ahhh it's a nightmare!

Mine are 11 and 9 years old now and can just about be trusted to actually help. But they still piss around if it goes on too long. I often need them to actually help nowadays as I am using crutches due to SPD. They've been pretty good.

At 5 years old and under they were hopeless in shops, I squeezed all shopping into nursery hours lol

A nightmare The entire time. Won't go in shops then won't leave shops. If not in his chair he will grab everything, run away, knock into people etc. It is never a calm experience.

Louis loves the shops and is an absolute angel, a born shopper :haha:

Alex used to be a nightmare, he's only recently getting easier but only if he has food at all times to munch on in the buggy. I can't let him out of buggy as he would run amok and out the doors!

Im glad its not just mine. I mean shes really given me a red face a few times. for example we were in the kids section of waterstones and there was a twirling stands with loads of little mr men books. of course my daughter thinks theres nothing better to do then spin it really hard and a ton of books came flying off all over the place WHILE a man and his very well behaved son were trying to browse! to be fair that was her first time ever in a book shop i usually order online and i think she got a fright. the man was NOT happy. I had to make her apologise and help put them all back but I was actually mortified

My two are a nightmare 4&2, I just try not to take them now as it's just too stressful.

It depends on the shop. I have two 4 & 3 years old. If food shopping is going to take longer than 20 mins I'm better off shopping online because it's not worth the headache. If it's a toys or book store for kids and they're ok.

Hit or miss here. Sometimes an absolute star and other times I wish I'd just not bothered attempting to get what I need :haha:

I find shopping with Lucas horrifically stressful but it's probably just me because I won't let him leave my side for a second in shops (when he was v small he ran away from me in the supermarket and I couldn't find him).
He's actually not too bad as long as he can find a mirror to entertain himself in. It's more his attitude than his attention I find we have a problem with - every shop we walk into I hear "Oh, so we're only going shopping for you are we? That's not very fair, don't you know it's quite selfish to only buy things for yourself?". Every. Frigging. Shop.

Jacob (5) is a nightmare to take shopping. All of a sudden his legs don't work. He's bored. I dread taking him into town!

I guess it depends on his mood, and how long we've been shopping. At first, he's an angel. But he gets restless after a while if we're shopping for quite a while, and then starts to do the same types of things you mentioned, OP. I use bribery, lol. If he starts climbing in racks, etc, I tell him if he can calm down and behave while I finish up quickly, we can stop by the play area and he can run around and play there before we go home. If he keeps acting up, though, we will go straight home.

He's brilliant when we're shopping, I love taking him and I definitely I prefer it to shopping with dh!

When we go food shopping he helps push the trolley and helps me find things/puts them in the trolley, thankfully he never got into asking for things at the shops.

In clothes shops he's fine although he thinks I should try everything on including men's clothes :haha:

Said Maria is not too bad but today she was crawling around the pharmacy floor saying "I am a tiger!" :dohh:

I limit the amount of browsing I do, do that online then its a quick shop.
Started avoiding the really huge supermarkets and using a shopping list is much quicker than trying to decide what we want when we are in the shops.
But I did take too long in WH Smiths the other day, he took to re organising the pencils!

Thanks for all your replies its so good to know how other kids behave

Rofl!!! I try not to take mine shopping as it's always a nightmare.
I can just about do food shopping if I can keep her interested in the scanner. All other shopping I avoid doing if I have DD with me.
It does get better-my DS is generally fine to take shopping. He might whinge about going but at least he doesn't disappear or pull things off shelves etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->