What's your comfort food?

Mashed potatoes and gravy! Im getting another cold and feeling sorry for myself so thats what im having tonight

Anything that's bad for me :lol:
Whenever I feel crap or upset I crave junk food so bad, chocolate, sweets, carbs!

Cous cous is my absolute comfort food. Massive bowls of it. I had to stop buying it because I was eating it for every meal :lol:
I either have giant cous cous with tomato puree, fresh parsley and butter (and blue cheese/parmesan if I'm feeling mega greedy). Or regular cous cous with dashi stock, sesame oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce and schichimi spice. I know they sound weird but they taste sooooo good.

Mine are to unhealthy I'm ashamed to even post them haha :blush: xx

Chocolate, lots and lots of it!! Also anything packed with carbs... :(

Ravioli from the Maggi can, but cant have it atm because it has git egg in it otherwise sweets, marzipan , gummisweets , crackling powder etc.

Runny fried egg with toast. Oh or dominoes pizza....New Yorker is my fave just now. Oh home mad lentil soup in the winter. Stovies it love stovies, my granny used to make sausage stovies

Predominately my mum's homemade soups and Mexican food.

any food is my comfort food, from ice cream or chocolate to good old stew, dumplings and yorkshire puddings, or corned beef hash.. hmmm im hungry now!!!

What is spotted dick? And digestives? Never heard of it.

For me it's a big juicy cheeseburger with cheddar cheese, mayo, grilled tomato and avocado. Oh, and French fries with ranch dressing to dip them in!

And chocolate. :)

I was wondering the same thing about the spotted dick!! I have never heard of such a thing. I love food threads b/c the US and UK are soooo different with foods! Very interesting!

spotted dick is raisins in suet i believe (gross) although i could be wrong.. digestives are biscuits, made with oats i think again dont hold me on that one lol
i actually thought US and UK were similar on foods?
ooo i love a good cheese burger. having curry tonight though, steak last night.. i just love most food so its hard to choose x

I love a lot of carbs but my fav is a full roast dinner especially chicken with stuffing and bread sauce.

omg i love my mum and dads sunday dinners for exactly this, and yorkshire puddings (home made of corse, none of this aunt bessie crap -sorry if you have no clue what im on about :)

Ha, it is sooo not gross!

Its a steamed fruity sponge pudding made with suet

Attachments

• spotted dick.jpg
    spotted dick.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
Plain cooked pasta with loads of cheese, herbs & chilli paste

Digestives are wheat biscuits :) they're yummy, hobnobs are the oats ones

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics