What's your comfort food?

Recently I've been making a shitty version of poutine with chips, instant gravy and grated cheese instead of cheese curds (never seen cheese curds in the UK) and it's amaaazing and so easy.

They are not sold anywhere I have looked high and low! Sometimes I cut up red babybel cheeses into curds....its the closest I have found.
There are a few poutine market stalls in various markets around london, one at the brick lane market has cheese curds. Im going to attempt to make some this summer.
Whenever I visit home (montreal) I bring (smuggle!) a few big bags and put them in the freezer.

Oh my word I'm definitely trying the babybel thing! And yaay I'm going keeping that in mind next time I go to London :)

Im just back from a weekend in paris ans OMG the Canadian pub there has 9 different versions of poutine WITH authentic cheese curds. It was amazing.

HOW can you have 9 different versions?! Ommmmmg

They had original and then chicken, smoked meat, italian etc. I thought everyone knew there were loads of different kinds? !

My mums homemade tablet its amazing even following her recipe mines never tastes the same. And brownies

Today being hungover its carby fat food

Starbucks caramel coffee frap always makes me feel better :)

Food wise, probably a bacon sandwich, fat removed, toasted white bread with butter and ketchup!

Anything bad for me, sweets, chocolate, greasy food. I dont indulge in a lot of them anymore

my big thing is every monday morning after dropping my LO off I stop at greggs to get a bacon and cheese wrap, sausage, bean and cheese bake and caramel donut

Recently I've been making a shitty version of poutine with chips, instant gravy and grated cheese instead of cheese curds (never seen cheese curds in the UK) and it's amaaazing and so easy.

They are not sold anywhere I have looked high and low! Sometimes I cut up red babybel cheeses into curds....its the closest I have found.
There are a few poutine market stalls in various markets around london, one at the brick lane market has cheese curds. Im going to attempt to make some this summer.
Whenever I visit home (montreal) I bring (smuggle!) a few big bags and put them in the freezer.

Oh my word I'm definitely trying the babybel thing! And yaay I'm going keeping that in mind next time I go to London :)

Im just back from a weekend in paris ans OMG the Canadian pub there has 9 different versions of poutine WITH authentic cheese curds. It was amazing.

HOW can you have 9 different versions?! Ommmmmg

They had original and then chicken, smoked meat, italian etc. I thought everyone knew there were loads of different kinds? !

This sounds so amazing! I've only ever seen pictures of poutine and never had it done by anyone else apart from my awful attempts aha.

My comfort food is chocolate cake and lots of it! I can go anywhere from having a big slice to eating two whole cakes... When I was pregnant it was easy as nobody could tell, don't think I could get away with it now though :laugh2:

Avocado sushi always makes me feel better! I used to live in Manchester and there is the most amazing takeaway called Archie's that make heavenly milkshakes- a guaranteed mood boost!

Haha, just googled poutine. Not at all what I expected! It sounds so fancy. They have similar things here but we just call it cheese fries or fries with gravy or something.

Haha, just googled poutine. Not at all what I expected! It sounds so fancy. They have similar things here but we just call it cheese fries or fries with gravy or something.

Haha I thought it was going to be something really posh too:haha: we call it chips n cheese :haha:

Crisp butty!

Has to be cheese flavoured crisp and the bread has to have cheese spread on it! x

Macaroni cheese, has to be homemade though with loads of sauce. Failing that wine :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->