Whats your feeding routine for your 9 month old?

L

Laura--x

On a day to day basis how does your feeding routine go? What do they eat, how much and what times? When do they have bottles?

Thankyou :flower::flower:

7am-8am - bf
8am-9am - 40g of porridge with 120ml milk - eats it all
10.30am - water and maybe a small snack but not usually
12pm - bread based lunch - pitta bread with tomato puree and dairylea, toast, crumpets, pancakes etc - how much she eats varies day to day but usually the equivalent of a slice of bread plus whatever the topping is
2.30-3pm - bf
5.30pm - dinner of whatever we're eating. Sometimes she'll eat an adult sized portion of lasagne for e.g., other times she's not bothered eating much. Yoghurt and fruit after.
7pm - bf

Thanks hun.. i ask because i went to clinic to get her weighed today and she asked me how my feeding routine was going.. i told her this is how it goes.

4am - wakes for a bottle, usually 5/6 oz
wakes at 8am
breakfast usually 8.15/8.30am
12pm - luch which is usually cheese on toast, toast ect followed by a yoghurt.
2.30ishpm - 8oz bottle ( usually takes about 5/6oz )
4.30/5pm- dinner, followed by yoghurt or baby pudding.
6.30pm - 8oz bottle then bed.

When i told her she said that i need to drop out the bottle during the day and give her more food. She said she only needs milk of a morning and night at this age, and then she gave me an example of how her routine SHOULD be.. it goes like this...

8.30am - breakfast.
10.30pm - toast and offer her milk in a CUP not bottle.
12.30-1pm - lunch, followed by a yogurt.Offer water/juice in a cup.
2.30pm/3pm - sandwich. Again offer milk in a cup.
5.30pm - dinner followed by yogurt/pudding/fruit ect.. offer water/juice.
6.30pm - bottle before bed.

How does that sound to you? It seems like an awful lot of food to me :| she just about eats the meals i give her atm!

Ruby is not quite 9m yet but her routine is 3 small solid meals a day (BLW) and 25oz of milk, split between 4 bottles. (7.30am/midday/4pm and 7pm)

I'm not giving her a 4th meal atm - she would literally be eating all day! She's not good enough at drinking out of the Doidy cup for me to be offering milk in it yet, too much would be wasted!

God Laura that seems like alot of food doesn't it! :shock: They're looking at solids every 2 hours?? When would she have time to sleep or play??!

I tend to disagree with what your HV said, on the grounds that 18oz is the minimum recomended intake for a weaning baby up to 12 months. Unless the guzzled the whole 9oz bottle it wouldn't happen. Izzy does now drink 8oz the majoroty of the time, and 9 only sometimes and she is older.
I know she has milk in other things like porridge - but I'd rather no she was getting plenty of milk myself.

You do what you think. The HV can only give her suggestion, she can not tell you what you SHOULD be doing!

I posted on another thread yesterday,i'm worried about twins and their eating.
they just dont eat enough..

they have 3-4 bottles of milk and 2-3 small solid meals
like op said,if they had 4 solid meals i wouldnt be able to leave the house all day! i seem to be feeding them all the time now.
it's a struggle,they take few spoonfulls and turn their heads,but today they had finger foods for lunch and they ate tons so who knows? maybe they prefer blw?!

I actually posted an almost exact thread to this a few wks back beause my h/v pretty much told me to drop the milk and give more food, jessica is eating really well and confidently now but didnt think she would be happy with just the two bottles a day but i think really its down to you.

Our routine is as follows

7:30am - 7oz
9am - breakfast of toast or cereal
12 noon - lunch of stage 3 meal then yoghurt and half a banana
3pm - 7oz and some fruit or carrot sticks
5:30pm dinner of whatever we are eating eg spag bol then some fruit or yoghurt
7:30pm 7oz then bed

Jessica sleeps right through from 7:30pm tile 7:30am without a peep so im taking that she must be satisfied to sleep through.

Kx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->