What's your TTC approach?

Laura27

Reaction score
Hello ladies!!

So i'm starting a discussion about approaches to TTC, because I went full force into trying for the first time last month, fully expecting to get a BFP and i'm now 9dpo (I think) with nothing but white space on those damn tests!! I was CONVINCED that there was going to be a line. As a result I feel completely crushed, disappointed, mad at OH as if it's his fault, and unable to pull myself out of this bad mood. Our bathroom is littered with empty OPK and HPT wrappers and I feel like a complete letdown. I know this is stupid....it's our first try!!

One thing I noticed was how long the 2WW seemed to go when I was checking the internet hourly for each and every symptom I (thought) I was having. So i've asked myself...can I do this each month?? And the answer is no, I can't let this rule me because I will most definitely drive myself insane.

My issue is this....hubby and I don't have a lot of sex because we're both so busy and tired all the time, yet if I initiate it now, he thinks i'm putting pressure on him. I can't TTC without BDing right?!

I need to find a way to have a more relaxed approach to TTC, i'm going to promise myself no Ov tests next month and no HPT's until AF is at least due, if not late. In the meantime i'm going to focus on other things and try to keep my mind off it. I'm also going to make some changes to how often we're currently BDing!!

Can anyone relate to this situation? I would love to share the experience :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->