When are/did you have maternity pics done?

jlw617

Mom to 2 girls
Reaction score
I'm 28 weeks and I'm having my maternity pics done today! I would have waited until later until my bump was a little bigger although it's not small as this is my 3rd ;) but my photographer is going away to finish her masters out of state and won't be back for a while and she's the only one I want to do our pictures. So my question is when did you have them done, or when will you if at all?

Oohh fun!
I originally really wanted pictures...then I gained 60 lbs and the pics I have seen of me are atrocious. There is no way I want to see myself like this again let alone share it with friends/family.

I hope you have a great time! :)

I havent done it yet, but i contacted my wedding photographer and he was more than happy to do them. I didnt wanna shop around and i like his work and am already comfortable with him. im very excited to get them done. plus since our we have worked with him before and are repeat customers he gave us a special package for maturnity/newborn pics.
maybe something like that can happen for you as well, good luck!

Oohh fun!
I originally really wanted pictures...then I gained 60 lbs and the pics I have seen of me are atrocious. There is no way I want to see myself like this again let alone share it with friends/family.

I hope you have a great time! :)

Awww I'm sorry, you should still take some candid shots, this is such a special time and there are so many women who have regretted not having any pictures because they didn't feel beautiful at the time.

I havent done it yet, but i contacted my wedding photographer and he was more than happy to do them. I didnt wanna shop around and i like his work and am already comfortable with him. im very excited to get them done. plus since our we have worked with him before and are repeat customers he gave us a special package for maturnity/newborn pics.
maybe something like that can happen for you as well, good luck!

Awesome! I won't need something like that as I'm a photographer as well so I can do my own newborn pics! That's nice that you have one you feel comfortable with and like.

I had my underwater shoot done at 32 weeks and belly was WAY too small. We're doing our mountain shoot tomorrow and it should be good, it's not huge but it shows more now. My photographer offered us a newborn + 2 maternity shoots for the price of 1 if we tried the underwater session. I had no issue with this as I have a syncro swim/lifeguard background. DH on the other hand had some cute puffer cheek shots, I had a good giggle!

i'm hoping to get mine done in a few weeks,
I have a friend who dose photography as a hobby and needs some photos for his portfolio so it's the perfect opportunity for him to get some maternity photos for it and for me to have some done.
this is my 3rd and last so would like some done this time round.

I had mine at 35 weeks and I thought it was perfect timing, nice big bump!! Having another shoot this week at almost 38 weeks tho for a local photographer doing an artsy project depicting different emotions during pregnancy and I can't wait for that shoot!!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 4.59.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 4.59.30 PM.png
    233 KB · Views: 5
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 4.59.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-08 at 4.59.20 PM.png
    83.9 KB · Views: 5
Wlovew those are so pretty! I tried to upload my favorite one as my profile pic but it doesn't seem to be working atm. I wish I could have waited but I couldn't because she is leaving next week, but I am in love with them, I'll definitely have the hubs take some candid shots when the Buddah is bigger ;)

Thank you!!! Just google how to take your own shots a little later!! Pinterest alone has a ton of resources and ideas for DIY maternity and newborn photography!!! After spending SO MUCH on the maternity photos I decided rather than splurging for newborn pics of Vivian I'm gonna do my own!! Blew a ton of money on a nice camera and I've been practicing like crazy lol

Ok I finally got it, my avatar pic is one of my maternity pics, I don't look 7 months pregnant lol but I gut some other pics I may have to post later where I do actually look pregnant haha

I was 36 weeks exactly the day I had them done.

My Maternity Photos

So glad I did it and I love how big my belly is!​

so pretty Mamabunny2!

heres a better one of mine where I actually look a little pregnant haha

Attachments

• mat12.jpg
    mat12.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts