brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Mushrooms?
Melons?
Cucumbers?
Fish?
Beans?
Yogurt?
Cheese? What about soft cheeses like feta?

Also, with the yogurt, is there a special baby kind or do you just give them regular kid or adult yogurt?

Yogurt is 6 months I believe. We've given Hannah a bit of both (adult and children---childrens yogurt can be hard to find though, well here at least). Whichever we buy we look for no sugar :)

not sure about the other ones....Hannah had melons around 5.5-6 months I'd say, she loves them

Cheese is also 6 months but not sure about soft cheeses

Just wondering.... Why can babies in the UK have yogurt at 4 months??

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I just put the TINIEST bit of yogurt on her lips just to see what she'd do, you should have seen her face! You'd swear I gave her sour warheads :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lol!!! Jasmine makes that face at anything new... but then gobbles it up.

Hannah hates plain yogurt, to this day, she'll only eat the ones with fruit. :rofl: And she has this thing were she sticks her tongue out to taste what's on her spoon before deciding if she'll eat it or not :rofl:

dont quote me but i think their alowed them fromage frais from 6 monthsi think i was told they can have anything after 6months apart from honey which was a year xx

BC says yogurt is at 9 months, I'm waiting till then (OH has an allergy) but a bunch of people I know already are giving it. I asked the nurse about it and was told to give the highest fat content yogurt I could find
Fish is good at 6 months in the BC health guide/toddler book
and I gave Brooklynn cantaloupe last week just make sure the outside is well washed to avoid contamination when you cut into it

petits filous and muller little stars you can give from 4 months, it does say on the pack of yogurts ideal weaning foods suitable from 4-6 months

Here is a brief summary of the NHS recommendations in the UK:

Before 6 months
If for some reason you do decide to wean before 6 months, avoid wheat-based products, nuts, seeds, liver, eggs, fish, soft and unpastueurised cheese.

6 to 12 months
Avoid salt and sugar.
Do not give honey.
If your family has a history of allergies, avoid foods containing peanuts.
Do not give cow's milk as a drink until 12 months (but it's fine in cooking).

6 months to 5 years
All dairy products should be full-fat.
Avoid whole nuts in case of choking.

Anything not mentioned can be introduced slowly whenever the baby is ready.

That's the UK advice, I think it covers most things on your list.

My friend gave her son yogurt at 8mo, just plain yogurt though, and he hated it. I don't blame him haha that's sick!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->