When could your baby put themselves to sleep?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
when they didn;t need your comfort to put them to sleep or any other comforter ?
mil said my baby should be able to do that now. He's only 5 months old !! what does she expect?
I always use my boobies to put him to sleep. There's nothing wrong with that,is there? They will grow out of it and soon or later they can go to sleep by themselves. Am I right?

I use my boobies to get Caitlyn to sleep or I'd be up rocking her for hours!!

i think if it works for you and bubs then its fine honey, sometimes maddi gets her self to sleep sometimes i get her to sleep. i think its what ever works for you and baby :hugs: x

Every baby is different, im lucky and Jasmine has been able to go to sleep herself since about 3 weeks... She usually falls sleep at her last bottle, but if she is still awake and gets laid down she is asleep within about 2 minutes by herself. There have been a few times if she isnt feeling good that I need to rock her to sleep though.

She has been in her crib since a week old so she is used to it.

With ella it was 8 weeks she learnt to sleep on her own. But really dont worry about it , do what works for you and LO :)

jack has been going 2 sleep by himself for a while now but now and again i have i pat him 2 sleep he will learn, or feed until hes had enough and put him down to sleep and leave him for a bit even if he cry leave him for a bit but if he doesnt settle then do it your way but keep trying he will do it one day,

ive never BF she has always just had a dummy to go to sleep froma bout 3months i could put her in her cot awake and she would fall asleep on her own, but if thats what your LO needs to go to sleep then theres nothing worng with that at all, summer needs her dummy.

Ted still uses his comfort blanket but he just learnt how to get back to sleep during the night.
sometimes...

He's 6 months.

he used to need rocking. now he can just sit on my lap and he'll chose to cuddle down and go to sleep, or this morning he just lay
on his side adn i patted his back and he went off. In the night he can sometimes just wake up, snuggle into his blanket and nod back off to sleep now. He is sick at the mo and its just this week he started doing this so I hope he doesnt stop doing it when he gets better!

Char was about 4 months old. If she gets tired I put her in the crib and she'll play a few minutes and then fall asleep. Sometimes I still use a bottle at night to put her down, but that's for my benefit and not hers...I miss cuddling sometimes.

Hannah was 7 months and still isnt great at doing it now! She will generally only put herself to sleep at night but during the day she needs to be rocked in our arms or taken out for a walk or drive in the car.

Maley goes to sleep anywhere by herself...occasionally she may need her dummy but most of the time we can put her in the moses basket and she goes off....all babies are different hun....

I still lay next to Rhiannon to give her her bedtime bottle and she'll be asleep by the end of it...she is nearly 1 so she still needs mummy just to know im "there" but im ot of the room the minute she falls asleep...
think babies are forced to grow up too qick these days hun, if ou want to keep feeding him to sleep and your ok with that, then you do it xxx

Erin has always been a great sleeper, she loves going to bed and gets really excited when I put her in her cot. She has been going to sleep herself from about 10 weeks old but she is an extremely lazy baby and doesn't do much else. All babies are completely different so I wouldn't worry hun. xx

Jasper puts himself to sleep from time to time. He's 8 week old. I find though, if he puts himself to sleep he often wont stay asleep. He'll go to sleep and doze in and out for an hour, instead of if I put him to sleep rocking him he'll go down and stay for a couple of hours (not every time, but generally)

think babies are forced to grow up too qick these days hun, xxx

i agree with you completely. Why don't let babies be babies?
mil always says things like; my baby is too old for cuddle, shouldn't pick him up all the time (why not? i love him and i want to hold him and cuddle him)
or he;s big enough to eat bla bla bla...
he should be able to drink from a cup
all sorts of things
So i said once that i';m not putting my baby in the army, so just want him to be happy and be a good person. That's all I want.

Skyler only drifts off to sleep by himself when in his carseat or in a stroller. Bedtime and other naptimes I still help to put him to sleep as he will continue playing and playing even when exhausted.

Lexie settles herself (aslong as she's got her dummy in to drift off) then she'll go no problem. She does sometimes get cranky but once she's got comfy and had a winge, she'll drop off to sleep.

:)

Lola is 4 months and she doesn't put herself to sleep...:shrug:
I really don't mind and you shouldn't worry either. If it works for boht of you this way then why change it?

yeah fin has been doing it for as long as i remember. but as ryder said all babies are different. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->