when did bowel movement get easier?

Discussion in 'Postnatal Support' started by hawalkden, Nov 13, 2011.

1. hawalkden

hawalkden Well-Known Member

I had my 35weeker (6lb 14oz) on the 5th November and got 2nd degree tears. Needed emergency forceps and stitches are healing and only hurt first thing in a morning like a hedgehog is on my moo moo till I get moving.

It's just bowel movement which I dread to go and do the pain is horrid. Feels like the stitches are going to burst! Just wondering when do they start getting better and pooing seems normal again?

2. tiggerpony

tiggerpony Well-Known Member

Hey hun - you may need to squat over a mirror and have a look at your butt hole.....to check you havnt got piles. I had horrendous pain 10 weeks PP when going for a poo in my anus (sorry tmi) and it turned out I had piles! If you have just get some cream from the chemist for them and they should go. x

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Mother of 4

I remember this pain and the dreaded toileting. I cant remember when but I know it didnt last to long. Sorry if thats useless but I know what you mean.

4. hawalkden

hawalkden Well-Known Member

Midwife checked me before I left the hospital yesturday and she said everything is fine, just keep the area clean at all time :). Hope it goes soon though :)

5. vintage67

vintage67 Well-Known Member

Are you taking a stool softener? They really help.

6. Beaney192

Beaney192 Mummy of 2

Hey hun, congrats on you LO :) It took about 2 weeks for my bowel movements to become easier, I also ended up with forceps and stiches, not pleasent :( The pain also subsided after 2 weeks when walking etc.

7. k8y

k8y Well-Known Member

make sure you drink lots of water, and eat lots of fruit, and things with fibre. When you go, hold a maternity pad, or sanitry towel (i bought some tesco value ones for the job!) On your bits, it stops that horrible feeling that your insides will fall out. It wont be long and you'll be back to normal. x

8. katy1310

katy1310 Mummy of 1

Sorry to gatecrash but just wanted to say congratulations - didn't realise you'd had your little one already!

I had a c-section so can't really give any advice, although I was absolutely terrified for the first poo as I felt like my stomach was going to rip open!! I didn't manage to go till day 5 and then was ok after that as far as I remember.

xxx

9. littlenic

littlenic Well-Known Member

Definitely do this....I let my drinking and eating slip to the wayside when dh went back to work over 3weeks ago and I've been sufferring badly ever since. I also had a 2nd degree tear and was nervous about going but the first couple after birth were okay. It was only after my diet started to slip that my poo became really hard and big and ended up tearing me every time I went to the loo (sorry for the detail there!). The doctor now has me on lactulose stool softeners and two types of suppositories to break down the waste and I'm just hoping that in the meantime I'm healing :-(

Who'd have thought this is one of the side effect of birth?!
    Good luck, I hope you ge back to normal soon x

10. littlenic

littlenic Well-Known Member

Oops - just seen my ticker and I'm nearly 47 weeks pregnant now!!

11. summer rain

summer rain Mum of 5

get some lactulose, its a lifesaver and completely safe when BF, I was advised by my MW to take more than the recommended dose as I ended up with really 'frozen' bowels after having my second eldest and it worked-but don't go overboard xx