When did I ovulate?

AbbottBaby3

Reaction score
Ok so this might be long. Dh and I are planning to try in September. We use the pull out method. He didn't pull out (oops) on cd 10 (or maybe cd 11 can't remember if my lmp was feb 5th or 6th) Anyway I started using opks on cd 13 and they've been positive every day since with the test line being darker than the control line. I'm currently on cd 19 of a 26 day cycle. So what I'm wondering is, am I ovulating late in my cycle like day 18 or 19 or did I ovulate early like cd 11 or 12. I have heard of opks being used as hpt and I'm just wondering what the chances are of that being true in this case. Isn't 6 days of positive opks pretty long? And that late in my short cycle? Thanks in advance for any input!

I don't know if this will help or not but my LMP was about the same time and my "most fertile days" according to the calculator on first response. com

https://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc517/Adrean_Roberts/Untitled_zpso7i5dtih.jpg​

Can someone explain to me exactly how opks work. i want to use one seeing as i think i totally just missed my period last cycle and wont to see if im ovulating because if i would have had my period as regularly scheduled tomorrow would be the day ovulated...

Hi!
I read that an OPK can be positive when a woman is pregnant. Seems like the hormone that triggers ovulation is present during pregnancy as well. I don't think that it would be positive to indicate pregnancy earlier than a pregnancy test would though, so if you are less than a week past possible ovulation and are getting a positive OPK still, I think it likely means that your body is gearing up to ovulate and it hasn't happened yet.

Other than pregnancy and gearing up for ovulation, I don't know what other circumstance could cause you to have a presence of this hormone...

Ovulation and having your period are tied together really closely. Ovulating will trigger your period 12-16 days later (average 14 days later). So if a woman has a 60 day cycle, she can assume she ovulated on cycle day 46 approximately.

Your ovulation doesn't really know when you were expecing your last period, so if you're 2 weeks late getting your period, that's where your cycle is at. You might've ovulated when you were supposed to 1 month ago and you're pregnant, or could've ovulated 2 weeks late and will get your period shortly, or could have ovulated 3 weeks late and might get your period in 1 week... It's hard to tell!

If you're 2 weeks late getting your period and you're regular normally, I'd get a pregnancy test!

Can someone explain to me exactly how opks work. i want to use one seeing as i think i totally just missed my period last cycle and wont to see if im ovulating because if i would have had my period as regularly scheduled tomorrow would be the day ovulated...

Ovulation and having your period are tied together really closely. Ovulating will trigger your period 12-16 days later (average 14 days later). So if a woman has a 60 day cycle, she can assume she ovulated on cycle day 46 approximately.

Your ovulation doesn't really know when you were expecing your last period, so if you're 2 weeks late getting your period, that's where your cycle is at. You might've ovulated when you were supposed to 1 month ago and you're pregnant, or could've ovulated 2 weeks late and will get your period shortly, or could have ovulated 3 weeks late and might get your period in 1 week... It's hard to tell!

If you're 2 weeks late getting your period and you're regular normally, I'd get a pregnancy test!

Thanks so much for your help but That's where my confusion comes in. I have no idea about ovulation or tracking it and am just now beginning to research being that I am now 16 days late. I have taken multiple HPTs all are negative so my next best guess based off internet research would be an annovulatory cycle or late ovulation both of which puts me at a lost for when to expect to have another period and consequent cycle restart because I'm almost certain I'm not pregnant. I have read online that in the case of missing a period or annovulatory cycle body can ovulate before the new cycle begins or you ever have a missed period. :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Do you normally get your period regularly? Like always every __ days, or do you have cycles varying in length often?

It's definitely confusing... Any irregular cycle just has us asking questions without getting too many answers. You could have ovulated already, be ovulating soon, or will get your period later with no ovulation and I don't think there's a way to know which one it is.

If you have irregular cycles often it could be worth checking out with the doctor to figure out why and get some solutions. If it never happens normally, I'd wait another cycle to see what happens.

Good luck!!

Do you normally get your period regularly? Like always every __ days, or do you have cycles varying in length often?

It's definitely confusing... Any irregular cycle just has us asking questions without getting too many answers. You could have ovulated already, be ovulating soon, or will get your period later with no ovulation and I don't think there's a way to know which one it is.

If you have irregular cycles often it could be worth checking out with the doctor to figure out why and get some solutions. If it never happens normally, I'd wait another cycle to see what happens.

Good luck!!

I just got off bc in october so i dont know if you could call them regular. I had one in december and then one exactly 28 days later in january with out any bc to help stimulate it so i assumed that my cycles had self-regulated at that point im still uncertain. Im now cd51 and had some watery mucus and even some egg white mucus however the ewcm did happen right before bd so that could have just been arousal fluid i dont really know the difference. its just so confusing i think i ovulated the other day but since i never got a period i never started using the opk's to track ovulation. its a mess really...

I never trusted OPKs, they gave me positives for days on end. In my experience I found cervical mucus was a much more accurate predictor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->