When did I ovulate?

AbbottBaby3

Reaction score
I started using opks on cd 13 and they've been*positive*every day since with the test line being darker than the control line. I'm currently on cd 19 of a 26 day cycle. So what I'm wondering is, am I ovulating late in my cycle like day 18 or 19 or did I ovulate early like cd 11 or 12. I have heard of opks being used as hpt and I'm just wondering what the chances are of that being true in this case. Isn't 6 days of*positive*opks pretty long? And that late in my short cycle? Thanks in advance for any input!

I don't use opks, but I know they're not at all like hpts where a line of any sort is positive. The line does have to get to a certain darkness/thickness to be positive. If it really has been darker than the test line every single time this late in your cycle, I'd start to question the quality of the batch of opks you have. It also just measures hormones that indicate you may be about to ovulate, rather than actually indicating that you have or have not ovulated.

If your cycles are usually days and you assume an average length luteal phase, you should have ovulated on CD 12-15. Where your tests darkest on CD 13-15?

I've also heard of people using opks as hpts, but that's not actually possible. opks and hpts don't measure the same hormones.

It could be a bad batch of tests, but it could also mean that your body is struggling to ovulate for some reason. It's possible that this may simply be an anovulatory cycle. If you continue to have strange cycles, you may want to go get some tests run.

It could be a bad batch of tests, but it could also mean that your body is struggling to ovulate for some reason. It's possible that this may simply be an anovulatory cycle. If you continue to have strange cycles, you may want to go get some tests run.

Thanks! I did try a different test (clear blue) and they have been positive as well. I had major cramps yesterday just like af but that would be super late to O (cd 18 or 19 of 26 day cycle) I'm wondering if the cramps were implantation....it was sooo painful!

Well the opk was negative this morning so I guess I was just gearing up to O for a long time.

The opk I took with fmu was negative but I took one this afternoon and it was positive. Af due in a week.....what is going on??

I've heard you're not supposed to use opk tests with fmu. If you're having an anovulatory cycle (everyone does from time to time, it's normal), AF shouldn't be too late. If you are still going to O this cycle, then next week is too early to expect AF. Most women have a 11-14 day luteal phase.

I have literally never once been late for my period or had more than a 28 day cycle unless I was pregnant. This is so weird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->