When did it officially become okay..

mBLACK

Mother to one & WTT!
Reaction score
To just throw your children out into the world, with no place to go and no money? It just occurred to me how often this happens, your child disobeys you, so you throw him out into the streets to fend for himself.
And we all wonder why there are so many damn car thiefs, drug dealers, maniacs, etc. nowadays? How is a child possibly able to fend for himself at the age of 13, 15, even 16? It seems like the streets have become a babysitter for when parenting gets difficult, I know so many people who were thrown out of their houses at the young age of 13; it's absurd. For Gods sake, parenting is not a job, you never leave it, you never stop trying. Day in, day out, for the rest of our lives! It's not just like a pick and choose game.
..whew, sorry, rant over, just needed to get it off my chest.
People these days are bullshit.

when i go round my bfs, i sometimes see kids as young as 4/5 walking around the estate on their own. i think its discraceful that their parents could even THINK about leaving them on the streets on their own (especially as its not the nicest area to find urself in)- i found it hard to believe when i saw it. it just makes u wonder how theyre going to turn out when theyre older- i think bad parenting is one of the main reasons why alot of knife and gun crime is becoming so common among teenagers.

:hug:

They have their kids,and one things don't turn out like they imagined it,they turn their backs...

Terrible.

The worst thing a parent can do is give up on their child....

This is part of the reason I don't speak to my mother. I have a 14 year old brother who lives at home and she doesn't parent. It's not as extreme, but she just doesn't want to be a Mum anymore, so let's him do his own thing and usually stays at her boyfriend's house. Since having a boyfriend she seems to have regressed to being 18, and no longer wants children. It's sad, because he is a really good kid.

I see it on tv all the time and think its so so sad that anyone could do things like that

the ones that make me mad are on jerry springer and maury where parents choose their "lovers" over there children

It really is one thing that utterly discusts me.

Some parents should not have been parents!

My mom has been taking care of a boy since he was a baby and he is now 12. The mother was 18 or so when she had him but after she gave birth, that boy was over at my mom's house a lot. And even til this day, whenever he is sick, the boy is passed on to my mom.

The mother thinks only of herself and spends money on BK, getting her hair dyed, drinking, etc. meanwhile, more often than not, there is no food in the house for her son. She now leaves him at night to go to her boyfriend's house...FFS he is 12!!!!! By the way, the mom is now 30 and you'd think she'd have grown up by now.

He goes to my mom's house hungry all the time, etc.

At the same time, he's such a good boy and he's the pillar of strength for my mom and vice versa.

But it's a shame his own mom doesn't love him as much as my mother does.

I feel sorry for parents with bad children...

i know there are parents that don't necessarily take care of their kids as they should...my parents were like that and believe me, they've not helped or done a thing for me for a loooooong while. i tried to be a good child though... but when i see other children disobey their parents and act horribly towards them it makes me sick to my stomach. If i could respect and try to be the best i could be for my parents even though they were horrible to me, then so could anyone else.

it sucks for both sides unfortunately :(. Parents shouldn't give up on their child. Children should not take family for granted. Can you imagine how tough it is for a parent to hear their child tell them they are 'crap' or they 'don't love them anymore', or 'i don't have to listen to you' ...that is truly heartbreaking. My cousin was like that to my aunt and ran away from home...for about 5 years my aunt denied she ever had a child. That was sad as you could see in her eyes just how hurt she was. My cousin returned home, randomly one day about 2 years ago (suppose she 'grew up' some and wanted to make amends) and you could just see the love in both their eyes. It really goes both ways, it takes (atleast) two in any relationship.

I feel sorry for parents with bad children...

i know there are parents that don't necessarily take care of their kids as they should...my parents were like that and believe me, they've not helped or done a thing for me for a loooooong while. i tried to be a good child though... but when i see other children disobey their parents and act horribly towards them it makes me sick to my stomach. If i could respect and try to be the best i could be for my parents even though they were horrible to me, then so could anyone else.

it sucks for both sides unfortunately :(. Parents shouldn't give up on their child. Children should not take family for granted. Can you imagine how tough it is for a parent to hear their child tell them they are 'crap' or they 'don't love them anymore', or 'i don't have to listen to you' ...that is truly heartbreaking. My cousin was like that to my aunt and ran away from home...for about 5 years my aunt denied she ever had a child. That was sad as you could see in her eyes just how hurt she was. My cousin returned home, randomly one day about 2 years ago (suppose she 'grew up' some and wanted to make amends) and you could just see the love in both their eyes. It really goes both ways, it takes (atleast) two in any relationship.

:cry:It really is horrible, I used to be like that with my entire family.. I would tell them they are shit, I don't care about them I wished I was never born etc.:cry::cry::cry: Looking back on it there is nothing I wouldn't give to take it all back! I pray to God my son doesn't say these things to me when he's older.:cry:

:cry:It really is horrible, I used to be like that with my entire family.. I would tell them they are shit, I don't care about them I wished I was never born etc.:cry::cry::cry: Looking back on it there is nothing I wouldn't give to take it all back! I pray to God my son doesn't say these things to me when he's older.:cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sweetie,I have never seen such a mature 15 year old.The way you grew up is amazing to me.
Your family must be so proud of you...
And your son too.He's gonna have a wonderful mother :hug:

I have seen parents be controlled by children the age of 4 or 5. It is ridiculous. I think people just don't want to take the time to show their children discipline so they give their kids what they want so they don't have to hear them cry or throw a fit. That is part of what is wrong with our society today. Spanking as a punishment has become considered abuse. Now, I understand that spanking can get out of control and actually be abuse, but when I was kid and I acted up, I got my dad's belt. It was enough to hurt and show me that I had done wrong (short and to the point). I was never abused, but I was disciplined and I have nothing but respect for my parents. Now a days, parents just don't care. I think a lot of people just have kids so they can live off the government, which is a bunch of crap.

It's sad that their are so many people out there who have children and don't pay attention to them, love them or even want them and there are people out there that would give anything to be a parent but physically can't make it possible. In the end, it's the children who suffer and that just breaks my heart. I never saw myself as a parent and didn't want kids, but me and my husband talked about it for a couple of years and the idea grew on me. Now that I can feel him kick me, I've never been so much in love. I can't wait to teach him things, love him, protect him and watch him grow up. God has given me and my husband the greatest gift of all. I just can't see how anyone would want to throw that away or turn their back on their own children. That is the most selfish thing in the world.

Great subject...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->