When did the witch return for you BF'ing Mom's?

Grateful365

Very Proud Mommy, #3 OTW!
Reaction score
Just curious on when the witch :witch: returned for all you mom's who are exclusively breastfeeding? I know it varies.

I want to TTC again as soon as possible but have no idea when that will be possible. :haha:

Mine returned at 4 months pp, exactly about your sons age :)

Mine didn't return until a month after I stopped breastfeeding (so I was 15 months PP).

Even when I was just Bfing in the morning and once or twice over night, I still didn`t get AF!

Wow! Due to my age and how long it took to conceive our first child, I really want to start TTC again soon, but I don't want to stop BF'ing my son either...

Wow! Due to my age and how long it took to conceive our first child, I really want to start TTC again soon, but I don't want to stop BF'ing my son either...

Everyone is different and there are plenty of people who have conceived without the return of periods, but I know it can be difficult actively trying without one.

Good luck x

Mine returned at 4 months pp, exactly about your sons age :)

babyjan - how often were you breastfeeding? Were you pumping at all? That gives me hope!

I probably pumped 3 times in 23 months and my son was and still is glued to the boob at all times, I was really shocked by its return.

Basically he nurses way too often to keep track of lol x

Oh ok! Wow that does seem really soon!

I am exclusively BF'ing, although I only do actual BF'ing once in the morning and twice in the evening. I pump while at work full-time. DS sleeps 8-11 hours a night with no feedings so I thought that could help my chances? Although I do wake up to pump so I guess that is pretty much the same thing.

Oh ok! Wow that does seem really soon!

I am exclusively BF'ing, although I only do actual BF'ing once in the morning and twice in the evening. I pump while at work full-time. DS sleeps 8-11 hours a night with no feedings so I thought that could help my chances? Although I do wake up to pump so I guess that is pretty much the same thing.

Oh yes that may definitely help bring your periods back sooner!

I forgot to mention that my son doesn't STTN and nurses through the night so that also was a reason I was even more surprised by its return, plus I didn't want a pregnancy and was planning on using breastfeeding as a natural preventation lol

I really hope it does return for you soon and you get your BFP :) x

With my first it took exactly a year to come back I remember because the witch came during DD's birthday party. :dohh:

With my first it took exactly a year to come back I remember because the witch came during DD's birthday party. :dohh:

Oh my what timing! LOL She has a way of coming at the worst times! HAHA

13 months PP.

You can definitely still get pregnant before your period returns. :)

After my first baby, 3 months pp. after my second, 2 months pp. I'll trade you! I don't want mine back until I'm done nursing ( a little over a year) but I always get my cycles back so quickly... Hope things come around for you since you want another little one now!

First son, nine months....this time, six weeks!!!! So not fair.

13 months and I am still waiting. He is almost entirely on cow's milk in the day but loves the open-boob bar all night sooooo...

19 months with my first, and it came back a few days ago, so nearly 19 months this time too.

A La Leche League leader I know fed very often, and it came back within a couple of months with all of her children.

It really does vary!

Mine never returned this time, I got a bfp instead, yesterday!

Last time it was about 7 months pp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->