when did u first...

scottishgal89

Reaction score
hiya girls,
my lo is gettin to the point where she's going to need food soon but i have a few questions first...

what did u start your lo on first? baby rice?

when did u first give them some mashed banana or carrot?

any other advice?

i feel like i have no idea what im doing.

I'm about to start this weekend. My doctor said to try him on baby rice cereal first for a week or so, then I can slowly introduce pureed veggies (anything orange or green he said... like carrots, yams or peas etc). But he said to be sure and try only one new food at a time and give it to him for at least 4 days so we know he's not having a reaction to it.

I'll be watching this thread to see if others have any good hints and tips!! I'm a bit nervous giving him something other than breastmilk cause he still seems so little to me, but doc wanted me to try it before our 6 month checkup to see how it went.

We decided to go with baby led weaning. At about 5 and a half months I gave her sticks of fruit and veg. This week she turned 6 months so she's had crumpet dipped in soup and tonight she'll be having roast salmon, broccoli and cous cous.

Connor had baby rice for a week and then after that we went onto stage one jars of fruit/veg and then after that we went onto other stage one jars

I bought the anabel karmel book and the first day the wee one had baby rice she spat it out. It turns out she just doesn't like it. I then did two days of carrots, two days of pears and two days of apples. One morning she rejected her milk and I gave her apples - that was the start of two meals er day.

Step by step I've introduced sweet potato, parsnip, potato, swede, peaches, and butternut squash. When she's had the flavours and i'm sure she is ok with them I start to mix them. If she doesn't like something (in our case banana and swede) I give them again a few days later with something else. So I tried the Ella's kitchen apple and banana and she was fine with it. She was also fine with carrot and swede together though she didn't like the swede on its own. I've also mixed in half a rusk a couple of times this week.

As I think she wants more I give her it. we are nearly at the end of week 3 in and still on two meals per day.

I found breakfast difficult so I got porridge and cereals suitable for 4-6months and thats helped make breakfast more exciting than just pear or apple!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->