when did you all get back into your jeans?

winipeg1

Mom to Hollie
Reaction score
ok so im feeling pretty down... still wearing my maternity jeans as my normal jeans still dont fit. so iv just been to asda & tesco to buy the next size up from what i was before i was pregnant and they dont fit so iv had to buy 2 sizes bigger than what i was before.... i no its not the end of the world but its made me just wana sit and cry:cry:.

iv got 2stones to shift to be back to my normal weight.

my husband was really sweet and said he thinks iam beautiful and kept sayin 'you have just had a baby'

but i just wondered how long its taken everyone else to get back into pre pregnancy jeans. xxx

hahaha... luca is 6 mths old and im nowhere close.. still wearing maternity clothes.. :)

Oh, honey, give yourself a bit more time. 4 weeks ago you had a baby!

With my first, I was able to get into my jeans a month and a 1/2 after. With my second it was around 3-4 months after. With my third, it took quite a
while longer.

Honestly, you will get there! :hugs:

hahaha... luca is 6 mths old and im nowhere close.. still wearing maternity clothes.. :)

ok so this has made me a bit happier.... not that you are still in your maternity clothes :blush:but i thought... 'a couple of weeks i will be back in my jeans' its just nice to know that its normal not to be able to fit back in to pre preg clothes.

Joe is just over 3 months and I'm still either in maternity clothes or 1 or 2 sizes bigger, depending on the shop :(
I haven't done any exercise since (how lazy do I sound!!) but will be starting to shift this last stone after Christmas.
x

With my first I never got back in them... I am still bigger then I was then, but with my second and third it took awhile before they fit properly, I can get into my jeans now, but they are still way to tight and give me quite the muffin top! Lol

Do not worry, it will take a while, but you will get there :)
I was told that it takes a while for your uterus to contract back to the normal size & at my 6 week check-up the doctor told me that mine was nearly back to normal size... So this will make you definitely rounder and there isn't anything you can do. Also, my physio told me that our bodies hold on to some of the fat stores accumulated while pregnant to enable you to breastfeed, that's where the muffin top comes from . It took me a while to get back to my pre-pregnany weight, but even though I'm there now, I'm still totally dofferent shape, good excuse to get a new wardrope next summer.

Congrats on your little one, enjoy the motherhood and try not to worry about your weight, Christmas is just around the corner too, I will definitely be treating myself with some nice chocolates !

i did the same the same as you, im now in 1 size bigger than before, bt i feel huge! doesnt helf that my other half keeps asking when am going to lose the weight :(

It's taken 5months to lose the 3stone I gained but I still can't wear a lot of my clothes because I'm carrying weight on my belly now. I've got thinner arms and thighs but a fatter saggier tum!

Im still not back in mines yet, im a dress size bigger than I was pre preg. Started dieting two weeks ago but gave up coz of al the xmas temptations lol :dohh: Will start again after xmas and new year

im back in mine!!!!

but i did have a small and neat bump so it shrunk back quick!
= 0 )

Nope, not back in mine yet and to be honest I don't think I ever will be! I'm a dress size bigger now but what the hell......I have a baby to show for it :) And like someone else said, good excuse for a new wardrobe!

Took four months ... could have been sooner but I was too scared to try and hell, maternity jeans are comfy. I'd still be wearing them if they didnt fall off!

I think it took 3/4 months - I didn't buy any new clothes a size bigger because I was worried that if I had clothes to fit me then I'd never get into my normal ones again! :lol: It just takes a bit of time and you've literally just had your baby so try not to worry :hugs:

im back in mine!!!!

but i did have a small and neat bump so it shrunk back quick!
= 0 )

Ok, now someone else braved it :rofl:
...have to admit after 2 weeks of breastfeeding, I was 4lb lighter than before I got pregnant :wacko:

well i fitted into my jeans 4 weeks after but had to lay down in the bed to get them fastened lol i guess i still have a few pounds to shift!

It's been 9 weeks and i'm still no where close to getting back into my pre-pregnancy jeans. Most of my jeans are hip huggers and rub my c-section scar and it is still a little sore at times. So, Yep, still in the maternity bottoms! :haha:

Its been four months and Im now a size bigger than what I was before I fell pregnant...altho I think its actually due to my hips! I never had any hips before falling pregnant and now I have quite the curvy set of hips...so I dont think my jeans will ever go over them :(

Has anyone else found its due to their hips?! x x x

With my 1st i was in maternity clothes for a good few months after the birth. With no.2 it was a couple of weeks but with my daughter (no.3) i was in my normal jeans coming home from the hospital! Don't know what happened this time but i never put an ounce on. So i think its just luck and each pregnancy is different as far as weight goes. It does come off eventually but ive found im a different shape than i was pre pregnancy.

I wore my normal jeans all through my pregnancy so was back into them the day after I had River

Although there getting a bit tight now (i'll blame xmas lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->