• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you concieve your baby boy/girl?

Meemz26

Reaction score
Hi all

I don't belong in this section of the forum because I don't have a baby (yet). Hopefully, God will bless me with , one day.

I've been researching ovulation, day of concieving & gender.

There are many website out there which states that if you concieved few days before you ovulate (2 days or so before), chances of getting a girl is higher. On the other hand, if you concieved the day of ovulation or a day after, the chances of getting a boy is higher. Boy sperms swim faster and die sooner than girl sperm. Any uidea if there is a truth into this? Did it happen to you when you concieved your precious baby?

We were following the SMEP so likely there was spermies waiting in there before
O and we had a girl. We used SMEP again this time so wondering if we are more likely to have another girl!

We DTD both times two days before ovulation - both are girls!

We BD right around ovulation and the day after (I was charting) and its a boy!

I don't have anything to contribute since I'm not sure when I ovulated. But I wanted to comment to follow up on other responses, very interesting question!

I have no idea with my 1st as she was conceived while I was on the pill.

This pregnancy though I know me and oh dtd 10 days after my last period, I have a usual 28 day cycle and were having a boy.

We BD two days before I ovulated and the day I ovulated (I wasn't temping but I get O pains so know exactly when it's happened) and we're having a boy.

both my pregnancies were conceived with doing the deed the day after ovulation and both are boys

With our daughter we DTD 3-4 days before O

This one we DTD 2 days before and the day before, and it`s a girl.

I thought I had a 24 day cycle and we dtd a couple of days after Ovulation (we were ntnp so werent actively dtd whilst Oing until later in the year:haha:)
We are having a baby boy :thumbup:

We BD every day around ovulation, but I used dietary methods, and I got a boy as I wanted. You can google gender selection diet if you're interested.

Sorry, it's niggling me and I just want to clear up: conception is when the sperm and the egg comes together, so you can't conceive before ovulation, only during and after. The idea behind the Shettle Methods for girls is that the X sperms are more resilient therefore are more likely to be the ones still surviving a few days post-ejaculation to fertilise the egg, thus resulting in a girl.

This chart shows the timing between BD and ovulation in one study:

https://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Selection/Oplus12/o12_study.aspx

With my first we dtd the day I ovulated and it was a boy this time we were actually trying to prevent lol and we weren't careful haha and we have another boy.

We DTD the day before and the day of ovulation and my little one is a boy

Sorry, it's niggling me and I just want to clear up: conception is when the sperm and the egg comes together, so you can't conceive before ovulation, only during and after.

I'm glad you mentioned this. It was bugging me too! :)

Hi all

I don't belong in this section of the forum because I don't have a baby (yet). Hopefully, God will bless me with , one day.

I've been researching ovulation, day of concieving & gender.

There are many website out there which states that if you concieved few days before you ovulate (2 days or so before), chances of getting a girl is higher. On the other hand, if you concieved the day of ovulation or a day after, the chances of getting a boy is higher. Boy sperms swim faster and die sooner than girl sperm. Any uidea if there is a truth into this? Did it happen to you when you concieved your precious baby?

I would like to remind you that you cannot conceive before you ovulate, since that would mean that the ovum is still not there for your hubs little spermies to go find it... haha

But yes, if you have intercourse 2-4 days before your estimated date of ovulation (don't know about you, some women have very regular cycles and now exactly when that is going to be) it could be a girl, since the sperms with the female chromosome live longer, but are not as fast as the male chromosome sperm.
If you have sex on the day before ovulation, or on the day itself, it might be a boy, because male sperm is faster than female sperm, but dies sooner.

But this is all speculation. Scientist have never confirmed anything.

We were DTD every other day, so we had two days before O but also did right on the O day. We're having a boy.

I used to think this theory was probably right, but then figured it couldn't be or Chinese people would only dtd at the time to ensure having a boy! And I'm pretty sure nature still works out as half boys half girls there :shrug:
So for my dd1 we were dtd regularly including up to "O" day and had a girl.
This time it was impromptu unprotected dtd on the "O" day and they think its another girl! (Baby in awkward position at 20week scan).
So I'm not really convinced in the theory now. I was sure they would say boy at the scan because of conception on "O" day! x

With our daughter we dtd 2 days before O as we were using SMEP method so there were plenty of female spermies probably waiting for the egg by the time I ovulated. This time we were actually trying to prevent and dtd a little too close to my fertile period what I thought was 2 days after I ovulated, clearly I ovulated later lol! So we will see if this is a boy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->