• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you concieve your baby boy/girl?

We DTD 6 days before O and are having a girl.

I just found this study of 700 women which may interest some, there are other studies with different results too....

https://www.in-gender.com/Gender-Selection/Shettles/Effectiveness.aspx

I used to think this theory was probably right, but then figured it couldn't be or Chinese people would only dtd at the time to ensure having a boy! And I'm pretty sure nature still works out as half boys half girls there :shrug:
So for my dd1 we were dtd regularly including up to "O" day and had a girl.
This time it was impromptu unprotected dtd on the "O" day and they think its another girl! (Baby in awkward position at 20week scan).
So I'm not really convinced in the theory now. I was sure they would say boy at the scan because of conception on "O" day! x

I think it's claimed to be more of a sway than a guarantee but probably not as much of a sway as Shettles claims! I think the gender split in China is actually boy heavy which they are trying to tackle, but I don't think this is mainly down to low tech methods like Shettles.

I don't know it this has happened to very many people before, but I concieved on the very first time my husband and I had unprotected sex. I not only know the exact day that I conceived, but practically the exact hour! I'm assuming that's pretty rare. At the time we weren't exactly TTC, but we also weren't preventing it either so I wasn't paying too much attention to my ovulation period. Later, after I found out that I was pregnant, I calculated when my ovulation period should have taken place and I believe I just started ovulating a day or two before I concieved, and I am having a boy.

The Shettles method is pretty much discredited now. His research has never been proven.

I bd 2 days before ov, 1 day before, and on the day and it's a girl.

DD and DS were both conceived on the day before ovulation.

From what I understand the timing is based on Shettles. A similar study by another researcher came up with the opposite results. Dr Shettles developed his theory on the hypothesis that X sperm are significantly larger than Y sperm based on his observations of sperm under the microscope. What he had in fact seen were sperm in different stages of development (capcitation) and the size difference between X and Y sperm is too small to make a difference, ie Y are no faster than X.

We were actually using the rhythm method TTP, but it was a nice warm spring week and we just totally forgot to pay attention to what day it was. So we got a little carried away 2 days before O and on the day of O before we suddenly remembered what time of the month it was and are having a girl.

I was convinced I was expecting a boy, I was charting and BD on day of and day after O, but had a girl

Girls for me and defo DTD day before O and never on O day....not that that was planned it just worked out that way

This makes me think I'm probably having a 3rd boy...

I've heard girl spermies are stronger, but slower and that more girls are born through IVF. Only through word of mouth, not studies though haha.

I can't wait to find out what we're having :)

All Chinese calendars predicted I am going to have a girl......but I am having a boy!
We dtd during ovulation.

DTD day before and day of ovulation. We're having a boy. :thumbup:

Both of my children were conceived on CD 14. That was the only day that we dtd, in both weeks. I am not sure what day I ovulated but should of been close to the same time and I have a boy and girl.

This baby was conceived on cd10, I always ovulate between cd14 and cd16. I'm having boy.

We DTD on the day I ovulated and the day after. I just found out I'm having a boy!

We DTD the day before ovulation and we had a boy. :thumbup:

We DTD 12 hours before I ovulated (I get intense ovulation pains) and had a girl. This time around it was 2 days before so I'll be interested to see what we get.

We were DTD most days before I ovulated apart from the 4 days before and the actual day of ovulation as I was quite poorly! A day after ovulating I felt OK and we DTD and fell pregnant, so I am guessing it was this day that worked! We are having a boy.

Last time we conceived about 4 days before ovulation and had a girl, this time we conceived the day before and are having a boy. It wasn't planned this way but certainly falls in line with the theory.

Both times I was working away right before or after, or hubby was, so we're sure of the conception dates due to lack of other options lol!

Weirdly both times I just knew I was pregnant and the gender, straight after doing the deed - I don't know why as it's scientifically impossible as my own body didn't know - and I don't believe in psychic powers etc. Just very odd that I just knew it.

I can update now lol a few days before Ov and I'm having a boy. We didn't DTD the day of Ov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->