when did you find out your baby's gender?

ProudArmyWife

2 Princesses & PG with #3
Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

This is my third little bundle and we have booked a private ultrasound on sept 13th to hopefully determine baby's gender. I will be 16w4d at this point. My question is how many ladies found out babies gender this early. I have never done a private scan before just to determine gender I've always waited till the 20 weeks scan. Is it accurate to find out earlier? I know it will depend on if baby cooperates or not but I was just curious of others experiences with early gender scans :flower:

Thank you for any replies ladies!

I haven't had an early scan but I'm fairly certain that it's as accurate at 16 as it is at 20. Any earlier and it's still a bit swollen down there

Had 16 week gender scans with my dd and with this baby. Obviously they were right on my dd and although he's not here yet we have had four scans now confirm he is a boy, so they were right again. I think as long as you are booked into a decent clinic with experience and qualified sonographers early scans can be very accurate :)

I've had scans at 16 weeks with my youngest daughter (was correct) and this pg (was incorrect, confirmed via anomaly scan and another gender scan) xxxxxx

I found out the gender at the 20 week scan with my first two daughters... but I just couldn't wait with this one. We went for a private scan at 16w2d and found out we were having another girl. I was so excited, and so nervous because I'd never learned the gender that early. Since then, though, we've had two medical scans that have confirmed "100%" that she is still a girl. I have another scan in a couple weeks and will probably ask them to check again just to be sure-- but I think it's probably safe to call it at this point. LOL

With DD I found out at our 20 week scan but this LO we have a 3D scan booked for next week and I'll be just over 15 weeks. The place we're going to says they have "guaranteed gender accuracy at 14 weeks" lol I won't be buying any gender specific items until it's confirmed at 20 weeks

I had a 16 week scan with both of mine, my daughter was correct.

I am awaiting confirmation to see if this one is really a boy, fingers crossed! There is definitely a difference in what I saw between the scans but I still worry it's a girl with swollen bits lol.

Still, they do say it is the first time you can see. I am sure the scanning places wouldn't say that if it wasn't correct or they would be hounded by unsatisfied customers. x

I had a 16 week scan and I saw it was a girl although they didn't mention. I only knew because of seeing girl scan pics on bnb. It was confirmed at the 20 week scan.

With both of mine I've waited until the 20 week scan to find out the sex. I was very tempted to book an early one this time but decided to save the money for a 4D scan later on!

I found out at 15 weeks and it was very obvious. Sonographer was 100% sure :) Confirmed at 20 weeks.

I found out at 12 weeks 6 days and got it confirmed at the actual gender scan at 16 weeks 5 days

Private scan at 13 weeks and confirmation at 15, then normal anatomy scan at hospital at 20 weeks. I won't announce until 20 weeks but at my 13 week scan the tech said WHOA, that's a boy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->