When did you know you were ready?

Cinnamon

Reaction score
I guess I've always wanted a big family of my own. I am an single child (ever so boring) and have lots of uncles and aunts on both sides of the family but they all live far away so Christmas and summertime where times I really looked forward too. I've always loved the laughter and fun in my family in England and therefor want it for my own home.

I have had a few relationships before meeting hubby and I never knew what would come out of it, would I be with them forever? what would our future hold? Until I met DH. Just seeing how he treats his little sister (6 when we met), playing with her, caressing her foot while watching a film (neither noticing but both enjoying it) I just watched and hoped for him to be the father of my kids.

Now getting to the question of this thread: When we got married, we talked about kids and then in march this year it just clicked. I was thinking about it a lot and found hubby didn't run off at the thought. I was ready!

Awww your DH sounds so cute ^^ The perfect daddy! Bet you're so excited :)
I've always known I wanted children too, but it really kicked in when I was about 15/16 I suppose. OH has apparently always known too, even when he was tiny. So that was a good start! I had a couple of relationships before him; one for 10 months but I was far too young and the thought of anything serious never really came in to it. Then one for 2 1/2 years, which was serious but we started to grow differently (still too young I guess!).
I went to school with OH so we already knew each other (I thought he was a little pervert at school lol!!). and when we'd been together 3 months I knew I was going to marry him so I told him so! He was pretty freaked out but we laugh about it now :p He's wonderful with kids, and plays with my niece all the time. Makes me all fuzzy inside ^^
Since my MC we've grown so much closer and OH was sad that we'd lost what we always wanted, so I think that's why he set the TTC date.
And that's it really! :) xx

Since my mc 2years ago, ive always wanted to be preg again, but the time has just never been right. But only 2 months for me to go now, till ttc :)

something just clicked inside me at the start of this year i guess. i just woke up one day and felt the greatest need to have children. I didnt say anything to the OH for a while - thought it would go away and we would have kids late 20's (as always planned) but it just kept getting stronger so i told him and he agreed he didnt want to wait so long either!! xx

Mine was kinda like a switch as well.. if you'd have asked me if I ever wanted children a year & a half ago I would have probably said no. Then when we went to visit my OH's little sister (who was 2 months old at the time) and seeing how much he doted over her (and still does now she's 1) I saw him in an entirely different light & it was just beautiful to see! If she dribbled a little bit he'd be right over to wipe her mouth or if she started groaning he'd be right over to see to her :cloud9:
I haven't told him all this though cos I'm only 18 and it would freak him out! I'm not actually ready to have children (financially etc) I'm just broody!!

well i had always known i wanted one child, and i always dreamt of a little girl, and then when i met OH i just knew how much we both wanted children, but never thought we'd be so lucky as i have pcos. it only took us 9months to conceive maddi and felt so lucky that i didn't think i wanted any more, till she was about 3months and then i realised we'd love another one or two :cloud9:

I have been thinking about ttc for over a year, but know I am really ready now cos

- I have totally stopped freaking out at the thought of my PSD returning
-I no longer worry about where the baby will go, seats in the car etc
-I am actually looking forward to the labour pain - or more so to the second that baby is born and that huge adrenaline /endorphin rush when he/she is finally out.
- I get excited at the thought of morning sickness, sore boobs, and all the other fab pg signs lol

xxx

Well, I'm not exactly excited about labour, more like freaked out, but I do fancy all the looking after and teaching part. And seeing his/her little face look like hubby or me, that sounds sooo exciting!!!

Much like you, Cinnamon, I'm an only child and always wanted my own children to have a big family. My own family is pretty scattered and a bit useless at keeping in touch, so since my wedding I've been pulling them all back into the fold in preparation for a close knit family for my kids to be a part of.

I was with my previous boyfriend for about five years, but he was a full time guitarist in a band and his heart was always really with the music. I left because I realised that he thought marriage and children would stunt his career. I had known my husband for 11 years, and we both liked each other all that time but were never single at the same time. When we eventually realised how we really felt about each other, it was so complicated to disentangle ourselves from our lives to be together that we decided to talk about the big stuff right away, to ensure we both wanted the same things in life and weren't making a mistake. So I knew then that he was up for the 3-4 children I wanted. :)

Hey, I also want 3-4 kids. Three of my own and 1 adopted or 4 of my own... It's funny how life somehow waits until everyone is ready for a special relationship. I spent a good year being single, getting back to life and enjoying it appart from healing from my previous relationship. Hubby spent about 8 months single before meeting me. We could have met sooner as we work in the same hotel, but no, we met just at the right time when our paths could cross with a good outcome. 11 years seems to have been your right time!!! xxx

For me "being ready" is a head, not a heart decision. In my heart I've always felt ready (well since I was 19 or 20 or so) and I'm sure I'd make a good mum and could deal with the responisibility. But in my head I know there's some things I need to get sorted first, like a career (or at least stable job) and a home for my family. The latter is going well, the former will take another 2 years or so.

I never thought I'd get married let alone have kids until I met my fiance. With him everything just sort of clicked into place straight away. Within a week we were discussing the names of our hypothetical children and by our first New Year together (we had got together on Halloween) we knew that we'd be getting married eventually. I met him and my entire outlook on life changed. My broodiness kicked in quite strongly from the start of my relationship with him and now we're still just waiting for our finances and stuff to catch up with our emotional readiness.

Beca :wave:

Well, we both kinda agreed we'd have kids, but were thinking that we'd wait till we were 30. Hubby always said we'd have one or none, so wasn't overly excited about kids really. Anyway, about 2 years ago now, I don't know what happened, something just click and I suddenly became desperate for a baby. Hubby took a little persuading and even to this day he has days when he is scared about it, but he wants to be a daddy almost as much as I want to be a mummy :) x

I knew I wanted children from the day I met my nephew when I was 14. I knew I was ready in March 2005 when I found out I was pregnant, everything just seemed to make sense then, unfortunately it wasn't meant to be and I miscarried. I had to wait 3years to get another baby but bugged DH every day about it. After having Edward I was ready within about 2months

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->