• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you ladies get things for your hospital bag.

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

When did you all start buying things for you hospital bag? Obviously I've got all baby's clothes, nappies, etc. I did originally say I was going to start getting things together when I hit week 30 but for some reason it still feels too early, birth seems like forever away for me :haha:

so ladies, when did you all start buying your bits and bobs for hospital? :)

I bought all of my bits last week. They're still in the shopping bag though haha.

With Archie my bag was packed and ready to go at 30 weeks :wacko:

I'd been buying bits on and off since 34 weeks but didn't actually pack the bags until last Monday (37+1) when I started having contractions and thought I'd better get it done! Lol

X

I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and shopping this week for my hospital bag bits, plus my actual hospital bags which I'm rather excited about as they are pink lining :D

With my daughter I didn't pack until about 36 weeks but I'm more than likely being induced in 6 weeks so I don't fancy rushing around xx

I did 3/4 of my bag at 17w as i was having a tidy up lol. Have bought/added to my birth box in the last week, making it week 37.

I started buying things around 28 weeks.

Now I'm at 37 weeks, and I have yet to pack my bag. Baby's bag is packed as of this past Wednesday, but I haven't felt motivated to do mine. Almost did it last night because I couldn't sleep but I would have woke OH up, and he hasn't been feeling well himself the last couple days.

I packed most of my bag this weekend, and I am 32 Weeks (FTM) :)

I'd been buying bits on and off since 34 weeks but didn't actually pack the bags until last Monday (37+1) when I started having contractions and thought I'd better get it done! Lol

X

This made me feel better about not having mine packed yet lol. I need to as I'm on modified bed rest and have had contractions on and off for the last week or two (that I've noticed).

I'm 32 weeks and I haven't even made a list of things I want to pack :dohh: Like you, I feel labor is ages away so I haven't made the effort yet lol.

Still ordering the last bit for my labor bag today and I'm pretty close to due date now. Actual hospital bag with absolute essentials was packed two weeks ago when we noticed an increase in BH contractions. We are now filling one item at a time that we think are nice to have if needed.

I plan to get it together this week, check what I have and packed properly. 34 weeks second time

I'm on holiday next week so should have it packed to come with me just in case.

To be honest I've been picking things up here and there.. I packed mine and baby's hospital bag at about 36/37 weeks after having spent a few weeks prior just slowly picking up bits and bobs.

Soon... I keep finding other things to do though! Definitely want the bag packed by 36 weeks so will need to get buying things ASAP!

Mine is a work in progress... so not really done but everything is kind of chucked in one direction - I really should check that I have everything :( xx

About 31wks I realised I hadn't bought anything (1st pg bag was packed at 32wks), so we hit boots and mothercare and just grabbed everything we needed and left them all in a cupboard until 37wks - 2 days after a very painful false labour (complete with vomiting). The panic of not having everything ready did not enhance the experience! :)

I just packed little ones bag yesterday. After putting her clothes away. But nothing for myself. Lol. I'm like in denial of the fact that I can go into labor any day now. But I have my check list. :)

I have done absolutely nothing so far to prepare for the birth. Haven't washed clothes yet, havent put the bassinet or rocking chair together..car seat is not ready, swing or bouncer are not out if boxes yet..nothing... And I have no motivation to do so..have no idea how I feel in the coming weeks...

I want to start getting things here and there since I'll be 30 weeks by the end of this week. To me I feel like the baby will be here before I know it esp since I had preterm contractions which scared the crap outta me lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->