• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When did you ladies get things for your hospital bag.

I know there's a sticky with a ton of suggestions of what ladies are packing but I wondered do we want to share with each other here what we're packing as essentials? I'm hoping to pack minimal amount of items, but definitely have enough just in case.

Lol well, I don't feel so unorganised now thanks ladies :)

In my bag I will be packing pretty much the same as what I packed with my DD, Which was.....

Pyjamas for me (several pairs on bottoms incase of leakage.)

Nighty to give birth in (although I ended up wearing a hospital gown)

Lots of spare knickers

Sanitary towels ( a lot of them lol)

Body wash (soap free)

Shampoo and conditioner

I will be packing a bit of makeup this time (never did with my dd and when it was time to head home I had to send OH out to get me some :haha:)

Hair dryer

Straighteners

Magazines

Sweets and chocolate

Energy drinks such as lucozade (I got so tired in my last birth)

iPad

Change for the car park and hospital.

Babies bag will include 3 or 4 sleep suites and vests.

Nappies.

Cotton wool.

Bottles.

Snow suit.

Dummies.

I think I've remembered everything there :haha: I also need to buy a bag to take to the hospital yet too, I suppose I better get my backside into gear ;)

We have a weekend bag that DH and I have used on many trips so I'm hoping to squeeze it all in there so it doesn't look like I'm moving in to the birth center:haha:

If all goes well we should be released from the birth center roughly 6 hours after LO is born.

For me:
*two changes of clothes
*snacks
*large water bottle
*camera/battery charger
*toothbrush/toothpaste
*breast pads
*nursing bra x2
*phone charger/cellphone
*plastic bag for dirty clothes
*travel soap/shampoo
*nipple cream
*maternity pads
*relaxing music
*hairbrush/hair ties
*deoderant
*robe (mine is pink, should I get a dark colored one just in case?)

DH:
*2 changes of clothes
*swim shorts (planned water birth)
*phone/phone charger
*shaver (don't need a prickly face for kissing baby:haha:)
*deck of playing cards
*snacks/protein powder

LO:
*car seat
*2 NB outfits
*2 outfits sized 0-3 months
*2 blankets
*dummies
*diapers
*socks/hat/mittens

Do you ladies think we need to take bips or burp cloths? What about diaper bags? If we're hopefully there for only 6 hours I hope to just have it in our weekend bag and have a diaper bag packed and ready at home for when we have our first outing later.

I bought things when I got all the baby stuff, so at 32 weeks. It's still all in the bag, I have a few things yet to get, tea tree oil, pads...
I'm also still looking for a nice weekend bag. If I don't find one I'll just end up taking my gym bag which is big enough.
Packing my bag, like I'm going on a holiday LOL!

Every other day I get all stressed out that I need to pack and be ready NOW, and then the next day I'm all nah, it can wait. I think I should really get it all ready though, just in case... Ugh!!!

Oh wow I forgot toothpaste off my list :haha: and I also forgot about OH lol!

I will be taking some bibs, I had an overnight stay with my daughter so I think I've got it in my head that's going to happen again so I'm preparing for that situation.

If all goes well we should be released from the birth center roughly 6 hours after LO is born.

Do you ladies think we need to take bips or burp cloths? What about diaper bags? If we're hopefully there for only 6 hours I hope to just have it in our weekend bag and have a diaper bag packed and ready at home for when we have our first outing later.

wow! Only 6 hours! I plan on being at the hospital for a minimum of 48 hours after birth (ins & hospital requirements). I plan on taking similar to you but I've not packed a thing yet!
For me:
*two changes of clothes
*three pair of pjs
* water/snacks
*cell phone / charger
*toothbrush/toothpaste
*breast pads
*nursing bra x2
*plastic bag for dirty clothes
*travel soap/shampoo face wash/makeup bag
*nipple cream
*maternity pads
*hairbrush/hair ties
*deodorant
*robe

DH:
*2 changes of clothes
*phone/phone charger
*shaver (good idea, didn't think of this one til your post!)
*snacks/money

LO:
*car seat
*3 NB outfits
*3 outfits sized 0-3 months
*2 blankets
*socks/hat/mittens

as far as burp clothes and bibs, I will use the receiving blankets that the hospital provides (I am paying for this after all!) I plan on having a regular diaper bag packed in the car for just in cases stuff.

Good idea, I guess I'll pack up a diaper bag and have it ready in the car. I still have to pick one out! DH has his that my mom gave him but I still don't have one:haha:

6 hours?! Lucky! I think here it's at least 48 hours after a vaginal birth, 78 after a c section!
I plan on packing (I'm probably missing a lot!)

- yoga pants/sweater/nursing tank/robe
- something to wear out of the hospital, it will probably just be the above :hehe:
- slippers/flip flops for the shower
- 4 pairs of socks, I never have enough
- bath stuff
- some bb cream and mascara so I can think I actually look decent
- nursing pads
- lots of underwear
- pads
- creams and whatnot for nipples and after birth
- spray thingie for down there
- charger
- mouthwash
- Mindless magazine/book

for the baby:
- 2 hats- 1 for the hospital, one for taking home
- 3 pairs of socks
- outfit for taking out/bodysuit
- wool blanket
- Pacifier

DH is so out of it he'll say he doesn't need anything but he obviously will. I have no idea what to pack for him
- sweat pants/sweater
- charger
- toothpaste/brush
- energy bars/nuts

I think I'll pack a reserve bag with extra stuff in it and leave it at home, like underwear, extra clothes, food or something and stuff just in case I think I need it afterwards, DH or his parents can just grab the bag instead of looking for it all.

The extra bag at home is a good idea! I remember with ds#2 my mom had to go by the house and pick up some stuff for us and she made a mess of my bedroom! (I'm OCD, so by mess I mean she left drawers open and rearranged stuff in the dressers and left clothes on the bed)

Yep I second the bag at home! We also had some things we had forgotten and sending OH back to route through everything was a pain so I definitely think I will pack a little extra bag too :)

I was in Hospital for 4 days last time due to DD being in NICU - So ive decided to have the usual mine and baby's bag then a just in case bag with extras in left in the car.

Here is my list:

For Birth

- Birth Plan & Notes
- Birth wear
- Dressing gown
- Flip Flops
- Fluffy socks
- Handheld Fan
- Lip Balm
- Snacks & Drinks
- Amusements - Magazines, Books, IPod
- Hair bands

After Birth
- PJ bottoms & Top
- Going home outfit (Leggings/Joggers & Top, socks, cardigan, socks)
- Big Knickers x 6
- Nursing Bras x 2
- Maternity Pads x 2 Packs
- Breast Pads x 1 box
- Toiletries (Dry/Shampoo, Shower wash, Flannel, Deodorant, Toothbrush, Toothpaste, Hairbrush, Nipple cream, Anti bac gel)
- Hair dryer
- Towels x 2
- Breast-feeding Pillow

For Baby
- 4 x vests
- 4 x sleepsuits ( 2 x 7.8lb & 2 x 10lb)
- 2 x Hats
- Socks/Booties
- 1 x going home outfit
- Baby blanket
- 1 Pack Nappies
- 1 pack cotton wool
- Muslins
- Dummies
- Nappy sacks
- Sudocrem

Just incase breast feeding doesn't work out
- Carton Formula
- Bottle & Teat

Extras
- Ryan - Change of clothes & Deodorant
- Phone Charger
- Change
- Extra snacks & drinks
- Straws

I *think* that is everything! x

All I can tell you is what I'm putting in diaper bag because still I have yet to fix my bag, lmao. I've had no motivation the past couple days.

Anyway:
burp clothes x2
Receiving blankets x3 (though I plan on using hospitals more)
SwaddleMe wrap x1
Coming home/photo outfit with socks
pants x2 (though I doubt I'll use them)
hats x3
socks x4
scratch mitts x1 (alot of onsies I have have built in scratch mitts)
onsies x5

I'm debating about putting diapers/wipes/ointment etc but I know most hospitals supply this. I figured what I could do is have some in OH's car, and if that's not the case, he can run out and grab it.

Also right now, I plan to use crocheted blanket that was made when DS1 was born, but that will probably be packed in my bag, but at this time if I were to have him, it's warm enough to have just a receiving blanket on him while in car seat coming home.

Everything is in diaper bag at this time, and I still have room to put more if need be (and surprisingly it's a small bag, lol).

I an working on getting all the things for my hosp bag this weekend. Just really struggling to get any motivation even though i only have three weeks until my section.

I've been buying bits when they are on sale, from about 12 weeks. Not packed my bag yet, getting round to it!

These are some fabulous lists. I think I'll start buying stuff after my next ultrasound. Especially since he's been weighing in 2 weeks ahead.

For curiosity I googled maternity hospital bag. And found that you can BUY a premade one. :-o someone is definitly banking on that!!!

I saw you can get pre packed hospital bags but that takes all the joy out of packing. I love all the buying, packing it in bags, un-packing, re-packing it again lol. Xx

Yeah I was just going to say that buying and packing for the hospital bag is all part of the fun :)

I wonder how much you can buy pre packed ones for! Xx

eh I really wouldn't want to buy a prepacked one, because every person is different. There may be things you don't need, or things you need that may not be in that. I'd rather buy things on my own, and pack my own.

I decided to Google it for myself lol, it's going for $149.99 on etsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->