WHen did you LO sleep through the night?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
Mine still wakes up 3 times a night, 4-5 times when teething badly
He's 5 months old on the 14th
i know some still wake up at night until over a year,but mil keep saying everyday that my baby should sleep through the night now. He's too old to wake up at night
i know he's just perfect as he is but when she says that all the time it really gets me

can't force babies to sleep through the night if they don't want to,can we?

Caitlyn slept through the night from 5 weeks untill 3 months then BAM, she is up 4-8 times a night for feeds now. Atleast 10 last night. Blergh!

faith started sleeping through at 3 weeks old and she has ever since, she is now nearly 2!

Before this reflux thing got bad Jasmine was starting to sleep 8.5 hours... Before that she only got up once a night since 3 weeks.

Im hoping once something gets sorted out with the reflux she will start sleeping longer again.

Has your baby started solids yet? Is he BF? People will argue that solids dont help, but they actually do for some babies... Everyone is different.

Before this reflux thing got bad Jasmine was starting to sleep 8.5 hours... Before that she only got up once a night since 3 weeks.

Im hoping once something gets sorted out with the reflux she will start sleeping longer again.

Has your baby started solids yet? Is he BF? People will argue that solids dont help, but they actually do for some babies... Everyone is different.

Yes I BF and i started weaning him 3 days ago

Well hopefully with more solids he will start sleeping longer... I dont bf but any of our family members who bf didnt find they slept through for a long time... however there are some people on here who bf who have babies who've slept through by a month.

Do you offer a dummy first in the night? If he is really hungry the dummy wont satisfy him but if he is just comfort sucking the dummy might help.

Jacob is 3 months and gets up once - twice a night for a drink/feed(only takes about 2oz each time so i think he is thirsty more than hungry) and he squirms if he loses his dummy so a couple of times im up to put his dummy back in but we co-sleep so i dont actually get out of bed :rofl: he used to be up 3-6 times a night so he is slowly getting better :) but even tho he gets up he now sleeps from 9pm-9-10am :D so im not complaining i dont have to get out of bed some days until 10am. Going to start bringing his bedtime forward tho so he will go to bed at 7pm and go till 7-8am but for some reason wont do that now :shrug: think he just likes to stay awake with mummy and daddy XXX

Are you co-sleeping? I think I saw a thread about you not wanting to put him in his own bed? Was that you? :blush: Sorry if it wasn't.

Hannah has never slept through the night :dohh: And she's not BF

Elliot usually gets up once, approx 3am for a feed and bum change (usually up half hour for this then back down). But a few times he's slept through-but he doesnt go to bed early its usually 9pm ish (last feed at 8) and has his breakfast at 8am (usually wakes little bit before this happy and chatting!).

Lola hasn't slept through the night yet. She wakes up once at around 3 a.m.

Max was sleeping through he night about 2 weeks ago , then he got sick and now hes all messed up ..except last night he slept from 7pm till 7am this morning :)

Are you co-sleeping? I think I saw a thread about you not wanting to put him in his own bed? Was that you? :blush: Sorry if it wasn't.

Yes,that was me. I co-slept and still do some nights,
i have his cot next to my bed and when i miss him i put him in the bed with me

She has only just started as of last week :happydance:

Ewan has only just started sleeping through when he turned 3 YRS! but he still occasionally wakes up.
Weaning made no difference to him and he was breast fed, controlled crying didnt work, offering water didnt work, i just got used to getting up, all i had to do was give him a cup of milk and he would go straight back to sleep.

Since 8 weeks old for Carly and 9 weeks for Ella.
I used the CIO method ( which was only used for a week):)

Rosie sleeps from 10pm till around 6am, when we first brought her home she would sleep til 2:30am, but then all of a sudden she just didnt wake and has since always slept till 6am, has even gone till 7:20am!!!

Joey has slept through since he was 5 months old but occasionally he will still wake at least once in the night but he doesn't fuss or anything, he will look around search for his dummy & drift off again :cloud9:
I also used the CIO (cry it out method)
https://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-sleep-training-cry-it-out-methods_1497112.bc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"