When did you start gaining weight?

I'm 19 weeks tomorrow and I still weigh 4 pounds less than I did at my first appointment at 9 weeks. I lost 6 pounds at the end of the first trimester and I am only just starting to gain slowly now.

I haven't gained anything yet.
I'm not too worried. I eat balanced and drink plenty of water.

Thanks for sharing your stories, everyone! I'm guess I should just worry about eating well and not about how much I haven't gained yet.

Thanks for sharing your stories, everyone! I'm guess I should just worry about eating well and not about how much I haven't gained yet.

I'm not too far ahead of you and I went to my doctor today who confirmed I weigh a little less than last appointment, and still haven't gone above my prepregnancy weight and she said not to worry (yet)! She said 2nd trimester is really when you should start gaining SOME weight and yes as long as you eat (and try to eat healthily) you should be fine. I know how you feel! I have this stupid chart with the "normal weight gain" range highlighted and I haven't been in the highlighted area once! Should probably just throw it away instead of filling it in every week and feeling inadequate...:haha:

i have gained 6lbs. mainly in the last month but i have been eating SOO much!!!!
i was told you need to eat around 300 cals more a day. so basically equivalent like a sandwich i would i say! i have been eating ALOT more! hahaha! anyways i am happy!! :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am a bit worried about my weight gain having read this thread. I was always slightly under ideal weight. I didn't suffer any morning sickness or anything and have to admit that I haven't really weighted myself during the pregnancy but as I have really started to show now I thought I would. I have put on 8kg - eekk!!

I read somewhere that you were only meant to gain 10-12.5kg over the whole pregnancy and I still have 16weeks to go. Going to mention it to midwife tomorrow - and prepare for the telling off!!

I'm nearly 23wks and haven't gained any weight at all but baby is measuring perfectly well so I'm happy!!! My doc has never mentioned my weight, only that I'm a bit heavier this time than I was with dd!!! Charmed I'm sure!! Lol xxx

hey hereishoping! i wouldnt worry too much!!! 8kg might sound like alot but as long as you are eating healthly its ok. esp if you started of slightly underweight then its not as bad. i have put on 3 kilos and i am only 14 weeks!!!! lol! i was also on the borderline underweight/healthy weight! anyways let us know what the midwife says! but i wouldnt be too worried!! one of my friends put on 10kilos but the other put on 2 and half stones, both were totally fine!! they were both on the underweight side befpre preg. both are back to their normal weight now! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->