When did you start giving your LO yogurt?

tasha41

Mum & Dad + 1
Reaction score
As the title says..

and what did you give? Just plain yogurt? Mixed with fruit puree?

We started yoghurt at about 6 months x

EDIT: and yeah sorry, I used plain yoghurt and blened some fruit and mixed them together. Now we just buy yoghurts like Muller Little Stars fromage frias x

I've read to wait until a year :shrug: any dairy products a few books of mine say a year but it could be different elsewhere

I think its another one of those things that is different over there and here. I know people in the UK that have also done it at 6m but most of my friends here don't start until about a year! But go with what you think is best only you know your child :)

Now that I'm thinking about it tho-I think they say no dairy until after a year but yogurt and cheese are ok between 6-8M

Its funny isn't it how things are so different in different countries. x

I gave it to him at 6 months and actually gave him the normal fruit yogurt. He loved it.

I gave it to him at 6 months and actually gave him the normal fruit yogurt. He loved it.

Like fruit yogurt you would buy, like Source or whatever? Maybe I'll have to pick that up and try! Im always so worried about added sugar and such!

right around six months for me

I tried plain yogurt, she wasn't a fan. I generally give the Lil One's now though she has had the high fat adult ones with fruit in them and she liked both

yogurt & cheese are okay before 1 year, they say no milk before 1 year because it runs the risk of them wanting to replace their formula with that, yogurt & cheese are "foods" and aren't an issue my nurse said... but she didn't tell me when! lol

6 months here. Yogurt is easy for babies to digest because it is broken down etc. I buy the lil ones yogurts because they are smooth and have the biggest variety of flavors. They are also supposed to be made with real fruit juice etc and are fortified with DHA etc.

I just had to buy some yo baby though because I was out at a different grocery store and didnt feel like going to another one. The yo baby stuff is good too, but it doesnt seem to have as many flavors.

the only stores I've been able to find the Lil Ones is are Walmart and No Frills

yep me too! I went to sobeys and they only had the yo baby lol

no frills sells beechnut stuff cheaper too

Beechnut? That's baby foods right? I've seen them in the aisle but Hannah doesn't get jars any longer so I've not really bothered looking too much at them

ya its babyfood. I still buy jars, although i've trying just to give her real food lately. But if were out or whatever, jars are just easier.

:thumbup: Just making sure I wasn't missing out on some different kind of yogurt :lol:

i think maddi had it from around 8months, it was mixed with fruit puree, she loves yoghurt x

We've been giving it him since 6 months but we were told to give him full fat yoghurt :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->