When did you start solids?

Dukechick

Wife & proud Mom of 2
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been brought up lots, but I don't have time to look around for it! lol.........

My little one is only 7 weeks, so I know I have a while before I need to start this, but just wondering when each of you have started your babies on solids. Well, I don't know if it's called 'solids' but the pureed stuff, and rice cereal. What did you start with first, and why? How old were they?

Thanks guys :) Just a curious question, I haven't looked this stuff up at all. I was thinking 6 months, but my MIL said she started my DH when he was 8 weeks! JESUS!!!!

We started Landon at almost 4mo...we were told by family and didn't realize what harm it could cause. Casen was 5mo and Hayden was 6mo but didn't eat really until 9mo. I think waiting until 6mo or as close as possible is best, just lessens the chance of something possibly being caused by it

We started at 4.5 months. Her first food was baby rice. I gave her Nestle iron-fortified (they say to start on iron fortified, but I don't think that's entirely important. If you FF, you're probably using iron fortified, and it's really only a couple mouthfuls. If not, IDK what to advise.) mixed with formula. Gave her gas, so after giving her it 2 days I stopped for a few days. Then tried her on Heinz barley cereal. That went much better. The package says mix with water but I still used formula. My preference is to use the Heinz cereal; mixes better.

Over here you are typically given advice from medical professionals to start between 4 and 6 months or shortly thereafter. A number of factors, like formula intake and weight, go into your baby's doctor's advice. 6 months would be just fine if that's what you wish to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->