• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when did you start to dilate/efface with third or later pregnancy?

butterflywolf

Reaction score
Just curious.
With my first child nothing happened until week 38 and 2 days she was 3cm and 75 effaced. at 39 weeks 4 days she was 4 cm and 80% effaced. She was born 39 weeks 6 days.

Second child, our son, nothing again until week 38. 3 cm and 50% effaced. He was born at 39 weeks.

I am currently 35w 4d right now and I'm at 1-2 cm and 50% effaced and he didn't mention what stage the head was at but he felt the head right there.
With my previous births, the head never engaged until active labor so hearing that was new for me.
I want baby to hold on until Oct 1st (when I'm a little over 37 weeks), but I'm anxious with my body already starting things this early compared to the other two.

I also never really had any braxton hicks, lightening crotch etc. with my other two. Nothing with first and son we had a little bit of BH only when I walked a lot. This go around I'm having BH every night easily. I had quite a bit after being checked today too. And holy moly the pressure and lightening crotch this go around.

I know dilating/effacing doesn't mean a whole lot but I'm just comparing it to my previous pregnancies.

Well, it wasn't a third or later pregnancy but.
At 34 weeks I was 100% effaced and my doctor could feel the head. And I was 1cm.
He was born at 37+2. I had BH from 32 weeks upwards, real contractions from 35 upwards and lightening crotch from 30 weeks upwards! (he shifted into a head down, engaged position the day I turned 28 weeks).

He still baked until term, so FX for you the LO stays in until october 1st!

With my 3rd I started effacing by 28 weeks. I was checked by ultrasound since I was having a ton of Braxton Hicks. Also had a ton with my second and I was dilated to a 1 by 29 weeks with 2nd. I had to take it very easy. I know with my 2nd baby I started dilating sooner and with 3rd I effaced sooner. Both both full term but again probably because I took it super easy. Not quite bedrest but close.

First - 1cm and 50% for like 3 weeks, went in for my induction date and was finally 2cm and 75%

Second- 1cm and 50% until day I went into labor

Third - my appointment this week at 37weeks I am a fingertip and maybe 30%? Not my typical doctor so I’d probably go with 1cm and 50% if it were him checking me.. I see him Monday and see what he says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->