When did you start to show with #1

Abbey08

Reaction score
I am about 5 weeks so far and don't plan on telling people til 12 weeks but I don't know when I should expect to start showing as I've never been pregnant before. I don't know when I want to tell my work people...

I think it depends for every woman.

For my firstborn I did not start showing until towards the end of my 6th, beginning of 7th month. And then I exploded overnight! To be fair I was going through a very stressful time period with my ex, and I was not eating much, either.

This one I noticed I am starting to show already at 12 weeks.

With my first, around 24 weeks or so. I had a lot of bloat early on and my pants got tight by week 9, but all that went away by week 14/15.

I was about 22 weeks but a lot of people still didn't even notice then.. Some people do show a lot earlier though, depends a lot on your body shape and size

24-26ish weeks. I could tell my belly was a little rounder before that, but no one would have ever noticed.

I was around 22 weeks when it got noticeable.

30+ weeks for me… :D at least that's how i felt. I got thicker earlier than that, but no distinct bump until my baby shower really.

At 14 weeks with my first I had a noticeable bump but I was really thin with her and I am very short. This time I am chubby so I don't expect to see a bump for quite a while! But I am TOTALLY showing in my chest 0.0 I am up an entire size already. If I were you, I would go ahead and wait until 12 weeks with work, or whenever YOU feel comfortable with announcing the news. Even if they noticed a bump or anything by 12 weeks it would be horrendously rude of employers to ask, so don't sweat it! Your uterus shouldn't start creeping into a bump until then anyway as it will be snug under your pubic bone. Any sort of showing before then you can truthfully pass off as bloating if you are worried :D Congrats and good luck!

20 weeks with mine - and then it was only really noticeable to me. I didn't pull out any maternity clothes until about 30 weeks as my clothes still fit until then :)

This time around I think I'm going to be in maternity clothes by week 12 :haha:

I could tell at about 16 weeks lying down but probably around 20 I was showing more and had an obvious bump at 24 x

I think it depends each person's body shape and size.

I'm 5ft and petite. Everyone says the baby has nowhere to hide!

My pants started to be too tight at 17 weeks and depending on what I wore, you could see it a little. Now I'm 24 weeks and pants are even tighter...I can see my bump, but looking at it objectively, I just look pudgy in the middle still. Again, some things that I wear show it better and people who know can see it, but I can still hide it altogether with a big t shirt.

Don't worry - it will happen when it happens. It's nice to be smaller, IMO. We all want the bump, but I don't want the extra flab to lose later or the stretch marks. I want to minimize collateral damage to myself. Lol. :)

Feeling the baby move around is really better than the bump, IMO. It happened for me around the same time. I felt some things before - about 14 weeks on, but not until 17 that I felt a crazy real kick. Now I feel him all day every day. It's so fun.

#1 I showed around 5 months pregnant. Not alot. But then I ballooned after that lol.

I had a small bump by my 12 week scan, especially with a full bladder.
I did, however, just look fat until about 28-30w to onlookers:haha:

Thanks everyone! I can only hope it stays at bay til 20 weeks or later!! I am not excited for my nosey co-workers to notice and ask... They will!!! Friends and Family I dont mind but I dont care for my co-workers...I am not skinny but I am short (5'2") and a tad overweight but not too chubby anymore LOL. Thankfully I recently lost 40 lbs!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->