When did you start weaning your baby?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
i think i will do it when he's 5 months old but also i will see if he shows any signs earlier :cloud9:

Dont want to start an argument but I started weaning max at 3 months with baby rice , and he's been great ..hes now on 3 meals a day plsu snacks in between and his 30 onz of milk ..

There are lots of signs they are ready , the biggest one was him being unsettled with just milk and watching me eat all the time lol each baby is different but as a mom you will know when the time comes

I started Amy at 5 1/2 months cause she would watch me eating like a hawk. She took to it straight away, but did not like baby rice, so she had the little jars. She has liked everything else she has ever been given. :) Lucky she is not fussy really, I say she has her Daddy's taste buds, will eat anything! Baby wise of course. lol :)

Im starting in 1week...i can't wait :happydance: xx

We've just started for real. She can't cope on just milk she is too hungry, she also watches us like a hawk!!

She's 5 and a half months. Started giving her different foods a couple of weeks ago

xx

i tried ciaran with baby rice when he was 4 1/2 months he didnt like it so i started him with jars when he was 5 1/2 months :D

i started tommy about 4 months, on a little bit of rusk (1/2) and some fruit cereal hes now on 2 sometimes three things a day, he likes most thing apart from cauliflower cheese, my problem is if i give him food first he wont have his milk and if i give him his milk hel eat hardly anything, im having to give milk then wait an hour and then offer some food every other feed...its like hes eating 25 hours a day lmao
will try tomorrow a different tack i think, he has however since having three meals gone from 8pm til about 9 am the next mornin for food!!

h x

I started giving Sam little tastes of food at 5 months but started him on proper meals at 6 months x

OOo now I am confused!
Most seem to be starting their LO's quite late on.
When I booked in with my MW when first pregnant she said that it is now advised to start on baby rice at 6 months....
Then my HV told me that was a government guideline and it was no use as starting a baby on smooth baby food at 6 months doesn't give them enough time to get used to it by 7 months which is when they should be starting to get more lumpy foods.
She said that them learning to chew at around 7 months helps them with their speech....

So now I am really confused!

My daughter started on baby rice at 3 months but that was 13 years ago so there was probably different guidelines then!!

I was told today that I should be weaning Alasdair. I was a bit 'wtf?' about it as he's putting on weight well and everything. I don't think he needs anything else now - he sleeps 13 hrs every night! It's like they look at him, see he's big and think he needs weaning now. It's all very confusing.

I think you should put it off as long as possible but if you feel they're showing signs then try them, there's no harm as long as it's only little bits t first. I started giving Grace baby rice when she was about 3 and a half months and jars when she was 4 months

Not sure about lumpy foods at 7 months i think it depends on how baby likes it , atm max will gag if theres a chunk in his food lol

I am thinking of giving Brooke some baby rice this week for the first time.
She is teething badly and has dropped a milk feed so i am hoping that by giving her some rice if will help. Also she stares and me drooling when i am eating lol

im itching to start Finlay - he is 12weeks today an I just know the milk insn't enough. He was only 6.13 at birth but he is really long and last week was 13lb 14oz so he is nearly a stone!! He sleeps quite well normally 10 till 4 has a feed then back till 8ish - but I know once he starts weaning he will go through. He will be 16 weeks - 4 months on christmasday so am gonna start with a bit of baby porrige then :happydance::happydance:

My LO is 4 months today and I gave him 2 teaspoons of rusk mixed with his milk yesterday and he loved it... Also he slept for 10 hours!!! The longest by far yet! Maybe it was just a coincidence. The reason I have started is because when we eat he dribbles and just stares... He is also a big boy and think he will need to be an early weaner rather then a later one....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->