When did you stop testing?

Shorty88

Mama to 3 beautiful children x
Reaction score
I'm only 4 weeks at was due today or tomorrow.. I have one frer and 2 digis left.. I want to test the digi at the weekend it should be 2-3 by then and then keep another one for the following week to see it change to 3+ and then I will stop..

Please tell me I'm not the only one to still be testing??

i was testing until the day i saw the midwife at 9 weeks on the dot. i took 42 (yep, 40 bloody two!) tests and a handful of cheapies. spent a small fortune, but we tried for SO long for this baby that i just HAD to make sure it was still positive and still getting darker. madness!

I took like 20 tests but stopped after my first appt at 6 weeks 4 days. I have had like 5 ultrasounds so far though since that first appt at 6 weeks 4 days to make sure all is good and they are all elective so like 69 bucks a piece haha!

I'm 23w 6 d I done 18 tests before I was 12wks and had my scan I've got a box full of posative tests. Tbh test away till your hearts content but I have heard of the hook effect it's like having to much hgc and confuses the test. If it makes u feel better testing away then do it but once u have heard the heart beat and seen baby on scan then stop

@Shorty88 not going to lie I'm still peeing on sticks now I've even have 3+ on a digi aswell and still have a digi left :haha: I'm actually debating weather to order cheapies because left's face it we don't have scans here till 12 weeks and I like to pee on something :haha: xx

I only stop when I run out of tests, have had my first prenatal, and/or had successful betas. ;).

I kept testing for a while but I’ve ran out now. Had my blood test last week tho so they check numbers then which is a little reassuring

I'm going for bloods on Monday so I say I will stop after that.. I actually find that it is stressing me out more so I have no tests left to take just going to wait and see what my hcg levels are

We don't have hcg testing here see midwife at 6-8 weeks then don't have a scan till 12 weeks :( xx

In the UK the dont do a blood test count thing. We do test see a nurse and she sends our details off and we see a midwife at 10 wks then wait till 12 and 20 wks for a scan and few and far between midwife apps a
Unless like me a stress ball and see the coral team for people with anxiety

In the UK the dont do a blood test count thing. We do test see a nurse and she sends our details off and we see a midwife at 10 wks then wait till 12 and 20 wks for a scan and few and far between midwife apps a
Unless like me a stress ball and see the coral team for people with anxiety

They don't do it in Ireland either.. I'm just going to my gp and asked for them to do it as I had a MMC in Aug and I'm nervous it will happen again.. not sure if I want to know the answer if I'm honest :shrug:

I get so nervous tbh I bled with both my last kids but I have booked the early scan for piece of mind I'll only be 7 weeks sobhooe can see something at least. Oh and no did test again :rofl: xx

I get so nervous tbh I bled with both my last kids but I have booked the early scan for piece of mind I'll only be 7 weeks sobhooe can see something at least. Oh and no did test again :rofl: xx

Ye I'm going to hopefully book a private scan on the 28th of December...

@tdog do you have much symptoms?

Sickness feels like it is creeping in abit

Ye I'm going to hopefully book a private scan on the 28th of December...

@tdog do you have much symptoms?

Sickness feels like it is creeping in abit

Nauseous, tired, very moody and the bloating as you no wow and my boobs here and their xx

How about you xx

Nauseous, tired, very moody and the bloating as you no wow and my boobs here and their xx

How about you xx

Not nauseous but defo certain food and smells make me gag.. dido on the moody I will be so annoyed one min and crying the next lol.. ha we have the bloat bad lol.. my appitite is non existent have to force myself to eat small meals.. I know on my last pregnancy my symptoms didn't really kick in till 6+ I'm only 4.4 weeks so trying not to get too worried yet x

Not nauseous but defo certain food and smells make me gag.. dido on the moody I will be so annoyed one min and crying the next lol.. ha we have the bloat bad lol.. my appitite is non existent have to force myself to eat small meals.. I know on my last pregnancy my symptoms didn't really kick in till 6+ I'm only 4.4 weeks so trying not to get too worried yet x

I wake up and I'm bloated (that's if I can get to sleep lol) it's horrible I've never been like this with the other my last one no1 new I was pregnant :haha: this time I'm getting asked, just remember hunni before you start to worry every pregnancy is different xx

I wake up and I'm bloated (that's if I can get to sleep lol) it's horrible I've never been like this with the other my last one no1 new I was pregnant :haha: this time I'm getting asked, just remember hunni before you start to worry every pregnancy is different xx

I know I just hate the first couple of weeks the uncertainty is horrible.. in the docs at half 10 so hoping for a good beta results but won't get them till tomorrow I say x

I know I just hate the first couple of weeks the uncertainty is horrible.. in the docs at half 10 so hoping for a good beta results but won't get them till tomorrow I say x

Yey good luck in just seeing consultant now for my diabetes xx

I tested until the test line was darker than control line!! So no, you're not the ony one!! I just couldn't believe I was pregnant!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->