When did you take the newborn insert out of your carseat?

anna matronic

Mummy to Evan :-)
Reaction score
When can Evan sit in the carseat without this? I am starting to struggle to do up the belts and it is forcing him lower down so his feet are near the end. But he is only 3 months, but he has really good head control :)

How old was your lo when you took it out?

TIA :flower:

AT about 10-12 weeks I think - she was just getting too big to have it in, and was starting to look uncomfortable x

We took ours out once LO's head was too big for it. He had a big head to begin with, but it was around 7-8 weeks that we took it out. He could hold his head up no problem, but when he was in the carseat, he fell asleep immediately and his head always fell to the side. We used a rolled up receiving blanket instead for a few more weeks.

I've just upgraded to the next level and my LO is 11 weeks...

Thomas has very big carseat - well to me it's huge after his newborn capsule, it goes to 18kg/40lbs - so his newborn insert will stay in for quite a while yet.

It's not that his head is super floppy, it's just that if he falls asleep he needs something to stop it lolling around, as well as keeping his body nice and straight.

I took it out at 3 months, but to be honest I could have taken it out a good 2 weeks before. The instructions say 4 months, but doesn't give a height/weight category, which I think is silly. I only took it out because she started crying when she went in due to being uncomfortable.

In Findlay's infant carrier I took the newborn cushion insert out from under his bum last month (so 20 months old) but he still has the newborn head hugger bit in.

3.5 months we removed the insert.

Thanks ladies :)

I think I will see how he goes, we have a log drive tomorrow to my mums (nearly 2 hours) so will keep it in for then and see after, but at least I know it is ok anytime from now x x

i took mine out when kayah was 7 months olds..

we had to take it out around 7wks as she just didn't seem to fit in it anymore:shrug:

2 days ago :lol:

Ours was adjustable so could be moved up to accomodate him as he grew. But now it is above the seat, so it's out x

This thread reminded me to dig out the manual for mine for the exact same reason. It says not to remove before baby is 7months old!!!

My daughter is not a chubber chubster, just really long and she doesn't fit it the head support thingy, she's too long so the back support which should be in her lower back is really high and makes her sit funny, I'm worried about taking it out now though after reading that it shouldn't be removed before 7months. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->