When did you tell the world?

poppyred

Reaction score
I'm 10 weeks and only family know. Shall I wait until after my first scan (which is not booked in yet) or shall I do it on the 12 week mark?

Hi, I'm wondering the same thing! I reach 12 wks on thur and still no scan date but as it's my 3rd I'm showing, even in baggy clothes. Also it's my hen do on sat and I'll have to anounce it as I'm not drinking and obvs preggers!
I think as I have loads of symptoms and I'm still getting ms, I know I've not had a mmc or anything so thinking I may go for it! x

Tell them then it'll the perfect time. This is my first so I'm all a little nervous!

I rang my local hosy today and told them that I'd not had a date and it turns out they'd proper forgotten about me :dohh: ! Booked me in for thur arvo so I'll be 12 wks to the day...made up. I would have told everyone anyway.
I know what you mean about feeling scared but I think if you get to 12 wks and feel preggers still surly everything's ok xxx

We're going to do it at 14+0, or thereabouts. After waiting all this time it's hard to believe that's only a week and a half away! My grandmother is going to be thrilled. (we told a couple close friends at 4+4, the day we found out, and then told immediate fam at 8 weeks, the day of our first scan)

I told my parents and 1 sister at 9 weeks. I'm waiting until my 12 week scan next week for the news to be spread. Everyone's different though, there's no right or wrong time to tell everyone! :)

i told my parents during the day last saterday when i was 10+6, then decided at work in the evening to tell the manager and a member of staff overheard so just ended up telling everyone i work with... then OH wrote on fb lol..it was supposed to be just my parents knowing but ended up by end of the weekend everyone knew! didnt bother me too much though as i am near 12 weeks :)

I told my parents and sister almost immediately, and that's it. But, I'm waiting to have all my testing completed before I reveal the big news to everyone else (end of 1st tri/beginning of 2nd). For me, if something goes wrong, I don't want to have to explain to eeeeveryone, so I keep the info close. Once I know baby's ok, I'll share. Now, I'm just waiting... :)

Tell when you feel it's the right time. if you feel it's right now, and your OH agrees, then do it now. if you want to wait for the scan to make sure everything's okay, then do that. If then you don't feel ready, wait some more. There's really no rule.

FOr our first pregnancy we told family at 8 weeks and Facebook at 9 weeks, which was before the scan.

With this pregnancy we told family at 4 weeks and Facebook at 5 weeks, before any appointments or anything.

I'm beginning to feel preggers now, with a little bump, I would like to wait until after my first scan but I dont know how long off that is as I've still not met the midwife

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->