when did your babies eyes start changing colour?

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
i know they can change up to 9 months (i think) ,, but when did you start seeing your LOs eyes change?

Jarretts rare still blue, i'm really quite fond of blue eyes but i'm expecting them to go brown since that's what colour OHs and my eyes are. Though blue isnt impossible since my mom and MIL both have blue eyes.

Either way he'll still be gorgeous :cloud9: just wondering when you started to notice eye colour changing

I heard somewhere it could be upto a year before you see a change in their eye colour. My LO's eyes haven't changed yet, I'm hoping they'll go brown!

I have blue eyes and DP has brown

My DD1 changed from blue to green around 1 year old
DS stayed blue
and DD3 went brown around 12 months too.

So I have a real mis there lol xxx

If they're blue now, i really doubt they'll go brown, most brown eyed babies are born with dark blue/navy eyes and although the colour won't settle down for about a year, they'll be pretty similar to what they'll ultimately be quite early on-looks like you'll have yourself a beautiful blue-eyed boy!

Harrisons have started to change already, they are blue/green at the mo. I think they are eventually gonna go green. I have green eyes and ohs are green/brown.

Harrison is 13wks old xxx

Sophie's are definitely not going to be blue....they started changing in August when she was 5 months actual age, 2 months corrected (ie the age she SHOULD have been if she's been born on her due date!) and they've kept getting darker. They are not quite brown yet but they're like a dark dark greeny greyish colour that looks brown from the sides and in certain lights. I think they are still changing. DH and I both have dark brown eyes and I want Sophie to have brown eyes too!

If they're blue now, i really doubt they'll go brown, most brown eyed babies are born with dark blue/navy eyes and although the colour won't settle down for about a year, they'll be pretty similar to what they'll ultimately be quite early on-looks like you'll have yourself a beautiful blue-eyed boy!

they seem quite dark blue most times, but in the light they appear like a much lighter blue if that makes sense .. i wouldn't say they're dark blue or navy, but a little darker than most blue eyes would be

My son was born with really dark blue/grey eyes and they turned dark brown by about 6 weeks. x

Isabella is 14weeks today and hers started changing colour about 2weeks ago. They are slowly day by day changing even more x

Lucy's eyes are still the bright blue she was born with, OH has blue eyes and mine are greeny blue, so doubt hers will change :D

This is sounding promising my LO has still got blue eyes and they haven't really changed since he was born I want him to keep them. I don't want him to have my eyes I want him to have his dad's they're so much nicer (I have brown eyes but not a good brown)

Gabriel's started to change at 3 months.

they seem quite dark blue most times, but in the light they appear like a much lighter blue if that makes sense .. i wouldn't say they're dark blue or navy, but a little darker than most blue eyes would be

This is exactly how I would describe my LO's eyes.
Her daddy's are blue and mine are brown.
She looks a lot like me so I would love her to have something that was definitely daddy's.

Most people say that they won't change now, but when I look online everyone says that they can change anytime until they're 3 years old! :shrug:

This is exactly how I would describe my LO's eyes.
Her daddy's are blue and mine are brown.
She looks a lot like me so I would love her to have something that was definitely daddy's.

Most people say that they won't change now, but when I look online everyone says that they can change anytime until they're 3 years old! :shrug:

i think 3 months is still early enough they could change :shrug:

I would LOVE a blue eyed baby. My first son was grey until almost 2 years old and then they went brown, even the dr told me they would stay that color but they still changed. Charlies are still blue and lighter than my first son's were, hubby and I both have brown eyes but I hold out a little hope his eyes might be blue lol

Brians havnt changed at all since birth, im glad though because I love his deep dark brown eyes :)

Thomas was born with brown eyes, and I expect them to stay the same. Mine are blue and OH's are brown.

oh, well maybe they might go green perhaps, somewhere inbetween the brown and blue!:flower:
Also my LO eyes were never actually blue either, were a very dark grey when he was born!

Both my sonw were born with bright blue eyes and thy stayed blue, me and their dad both have brown eyes!
My eldest daughter was born with her brown eyes and my LO was born with blue eyes that have gone greenish over the last couple of weeks, but a real dark green so I think they may go brown!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->