When did your baby blues start/stop?

Al Syr

Reaction score
I had baby blues with my first was born and had it when my second was born. My third was just born on March 7 and am feeling the baby blues again. It started out really really slow, I actually thought I was not going to get them this time but on Monday the 14th I knew baby blues had begun. In the mornings I feel fine, but once 3-4pm rolls around I start feeling irritable, hopeless, sad, loss of appetite, I have no motivation to do anything but cry and mourn our life before march 7th. I know this is baby blues because I know these feelings too well, I also know it will go away because it always has, but at this moment I cannot see the light at the end of the tunnel so if you moms can give me an approximate timeline of when your baby blues started then went away? I cant remember when they started and when they stopped the last 2 times.

I was in hospital for 6 days and they started as soon as I got home!! Always started of feeling better in the morning and worse as the day went by and by evening was an emotional mess!
Gradually started getting better after a week of having it as was completely over by around 2 weeks so when baby was 3 weeks!
It's so awful! Hope urs goes soon!! :flower:

Mine started straight away and lasted for about 3 weeks xxx

Mine lasted 3 weeks and started right away. Hope you feel better soon. The feeling of hopelessness for me was the worst.

Mine lasted 3 weeks and started right away. Hope you feel better soon. The feeling of hopelessness for me was the worst.

Yes! The hopelessness IS the worse! Thos time have the blues jave been mild but enougj to ruin my days. I love this newborn early brand new days but I cant wait for 2 months to go by so the blues can be LONG GONE!

So glad I've seen this old post. I'm ten days in with our daughter - I had PND with our son and hoped I wouldn't this time. Days 1-5 were great and since then by 4 pm I'm nearly in tears, sad, hopeless etc.

It's hard for me to know whether it's baby blues or something more. My daughter is incredible - I'm hoping it's just how overwhelming things are right now .

So glad I've seen this old post. I'm ten days in with our daughter - I had PND with our son and hoped I wouldn't this time. Days 1-5 were great and since then by 4 pm I'm nearly in tears, sad, hopeless etc.

It's hard for me to know whether it's baby blues or something more. My daughter is incredible - I'm hoping it's just how overwhelming things are right now .

Im with you on this huni. With my first I was never diagnosed with PND cause I never spoke about my feelings but I really do think I had it. with this second I'm like you except I could cry on opening my eyes. I don't feel a connection with my little lady, although I feel it slowly coming. My girl is almost a month old now though so not sure if it's still baby blue or something else. I crave my old life with just me and my partner and firstborn :( my labour/ birth was very traumatic though so I'm putting all down to that at the moment.
Hope you feel better soon huni. Xx

Thanks Vickylou. I'm so sorry you feel this way. It's so much worse with a traumatic birth. I think/hope as my labour was calmer this time that this will help me.

I feel I've bonded well with my daughter and love her hugely. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->