When did your baby start to engage?

BabyB2

Reaction score
I was just wondering for those with not long to go at what point were you told that your baby was starting to engage? I can't recall when it happened with my first. This one is still completely free at almost 35 weeks.

stalking for answers- mine is head down but not engaging yet i'm curious!

my second engaged during labour,il see what this baby is up to at my midwife appt Thursday.

1st at 31 wks, delivered at 35 wks, 2nd in labour at 35 wks and 3rd at 38+2 and delivered at 39 wks xx

Engaged by 34 weeks. A lot of babies don't engage until labor so don't worry.... just enjoy the extra time you have of not being engaged because a bowling ball on your crotch is just not as comfortable as you would think!

I was told that 2nd and subsequent babies don't engage until labour but my 2nd engaged 2 weeks before I went into labour x

Labour for all 3 so far, they all floated free, longest labour was 6 hours so it didn't cause any issues with going into labour or progression.

I also thought with subsequent pregnancies the head doesn't engage until much later sometimes not until right before labour, no idea why though...

My baby has been head down since 28 weeks but still isn't engaged yet

my baby is a free agent - its tall so spends most of its time transverse - sometimes it lies head down - but its not engaged yet...if i am wearing clothes or trousers that are too squishy for it - it turns back head up and leaves its legs down for more space - at last appt it was head down bu i have since felt its head up...so i think i will leave nature and the little being to it for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->